“Best Tamales but don't overlook the tacos!”
Review of The Tamale Place

The Tamale Place
Ranked #12 of 2,411 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I read about on trip advisor and had to go! The Tamale I had was the chicken verde and it was incredible! Service was fast and restaurant nicer then I thought-cute little place with seating. I also had the chicken verde taco and I think that was better then the tamale! It was the best mexican food I have ever had! Totally worth going out of your way for!!!

2  Thank RalphandAlice13

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We went because a friend suggested it after seeing it on Diners Dives and Drive ins. I was unsure at first but this place was excellent! In our group we had a tamale, nachos, and tacos. All excellent! Will recommend this place to friends!

1  Thank Brooke L
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Yum! We saw this on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives a few days before we were headed through Indy. It was only about 2 miles out of our way. When we got there, most of the tamales were sold out, but the ones we had were very good. I liked the tacos even better - excellent soft but hearty shells. The chips and salsa were also very good.

Recommendation - call ahead to place your order before they run out.

1  Thank S J
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have lived and traveled all over the country. I missed the tamale's I used to eat in California and went here not expecting much. Not only was I so pleasantly surprised, my 12 year old LOVED his meal. We tried the Chicken Tamale in Green Sauce, The pork tamale in green sauce, the one with chocolate and nuts, their homemade chips and their fish tacos. EVERYTHING was GREAT. We spent $32 for 3 of us and took home over half of our meal because the portions were generous and filling.

LOVE this place and will definitely return. We went to the one on the Southside of Indy. Wish there was one North or a bit closer to us, but we won't let that stop us from returning at some point.

Everything was home made and there was a lot of variety. Hard to know what to order because they had so many choices. After eating their tamales and fish taco's, it will be impossible for me to make taco's with all the hard and processed shells out there. Now I'm spoiled and want fresh!

Their salsa is excellent. I love HOT, and found that their hot salsa isn't just hot, but flavorful.

3  Thank TDDunk64
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My fiance wanted to try this place because it was on guy fieris show "Diners, Drive ins, and Dives". I wasnt sure because im not a huge tamale fan, but it was really good. Fresh ingredients and the service was quick.

2  Thank hs104112