“Great Place to Have a Great Dinner or Bar Experience”

Grindstone Charley's
Reserve with OpenTable
Grindstone Charley's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #269 of 2,453 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Started by Indiana Restaurateur Perry Fogelsong in 1982, Grindstone Charley's is currently a four unit chain with locations in Indianapolis, Speedway, Kokomo, and Lafayette. Today, customers in Indiana and Ohio enjoy home-style cooking, spirited drinks and warm hospitality. As part of the Clancy's, Inc. Family of stores, Grindstone Charley's joins Michelangelo's Italian Bistro and Clancy's Hamburgers in offering quality food, drinks and fun perfectly suited to Midwestern appetites.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

WOW!! Kim was awesome!! Every item she suggested was very good! Congrat's to Grindstone Charleys for finding her!! Also the food there was Great!! Excellent specials everyday at Lunch! Do not let the outside fool you!! It is a excellent place for Lunch, Dinner with Family or watch a Sporting event at the Bar! This place is not like those Chains we all go to! This is much better!

Blake F, Owner at Grindstone Charley's, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2015

Thank you for the nice comments! I'll pass some kudos along to Kim and the team! See you next time!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Was suggest as best food close to hotel. It might be. There are not many choices. Hamburger was ok, chicken sandwich was not eatable. For carryout, call in advance. It took about twenty minutes to provide. Staff brought in their lunch from Subway next door, I wish I had also.

Blake F, Owner at Grindstone Charley's, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Hi Wallace,

I was wondering if you could e-mail me about your experience at our Rockville Road location. I'm very sorry to hear about this and would like to know a little more info. email me at bfogelsong@clancysinc.com

Thanks,
Blake

Reviewed July 28, 2014

All I can say is ..If you want customer service that goes above and beyond, this is the place to go!

Wow! Thank you for the kind review! Please come see us next time your in Indy!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We went here 2 of the 3 nights of our stay in Indianapolis. The food is excellent here. The outside of the building seems unassuming, but the food is the star. It was only 3 blocks away from our hotel, so it was easy to walk their in the evening. The drink menu is diverse enough and the drinks were well make, not exceptionally strong but not weak either. The food, as most chains like Applebees or TGIFridays, was well done and had a good and interesting flavor. The value of the meal was right where I expected it to be. At time of this review I don't remember exactly what I ate but I remember being complete satisfied and I enjoyed it a lot.

1  Thank LeMansGuy

Thank you for the kind review! Glad you enjoyed your visit to our Indy Location! Come see us again soon!

Area Supevisor

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Not knowing the area our Hotel suggested Grindstone Charley's. - After a long day of travel my wife and I were looking for a great place to eat. We found it. The food was prepared just right, everything tasted really good. We both enjoyed our dinner.
We will be back!

1  Thank John B

John,

Thank you for the kind review! Glad you enjoyed your visit at our location! Come see us again next time your in Indy!