“Very nice experience”

Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a cozy restaurant with very good food and service. Went for lunch on a Saturday. The appetizer (babaganoush) was very good, as were the entrees (Sultan lamb and Beef stew). Will definitely come back.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I ate here last night because we had a Groupon for this restaurant. We had eaten here before, although it was several years ago, and it was always good. We were expecting pretty much the same last night, which again, is really good food. We ordered an appetizer combination for 2 people, and we also ordered the Bosphorus sampler which comes with a large variety of different meats and some cooked veggies. We were both extremely impressed by both dishes, and we both came away saying that the food was even better than its been in the past, which is unusual, because in my experience, most restaurants go downhill. Be forwarned,, there's a lot of food! And we brought home a fairly substantial doggy bag. Overall this was an excellent experience, and we would definitely go back. Service was great too.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I had never been to Bosphorous. We got a groupon from and friend and recently tried to use it. We got there about 2:15. The lunch specials end at 2 and our groupon is for dinner. Prior to ordering, we asked the server if our groupon was valid for our meal and she said it was. However, when we attempted to use it toward the bill later, she said she found out it was only valid for orders after 3PM. A male employee had come into the restaurant while she was ringing up our bill and told her that. We politely argued that she had assured us prior to our ordering that it was valid and that since we ordered after the time for lunch specials, we figured our meal was considered a dinner. The male employee gave us a vague argument about why it couldn't be honored. We got no sincere apology. I called later that day to get clarification about the dinner time for whoever uses our goupon, and the male employee interrupted my question and began getting argumentative. I told him I wasn't calling to argue, I just wanted to know what time dinner starts so as to avoid this problem again. He said 4PM, which is different than the answer we got from our server. I told him I was upset about the misunderstanding, but what really upset me was the way it was handled afterwards. He basically accused us of trying to pull a scam on the server, there was no apology given (it was more or less "too bad, so sad" attitude), and we were offered no compensation. He then offered something when we return to use the groupon. Too little, too late in my opinion. Also, when we was explaining why he couldn't take it upon himself to honor the groupon, he denied being the owner. When I asked his title for the review I was going to write, he claimed to be the owner. No credibility in my book. Unfortunately, the food was very good and we would have returned if their attitude had been better.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great Food, great service! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a unique, non-chain dining experience.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband & I took our out of town adult granddaughter to Bosphorus for the first time. We love to get their sampler plate when we go plus this time we got a lamb dish & veggie dish which we all shared family style. It's a small dining area but they do have tables outside which I'm sure they use when it's busy. The decor has hanging turkish style rugs/decorations. My granddaughter commented that we had so much better service here than we had had at other places that weekend. Food was good and got to sample a variety of different foods. We had a coupon from restaurant.com but had been there before and wanted to have our granddaughter try turkish food.