“Best Migas of All Time!”
Review of City Cafe - CLOSED

City Cafe
Cuisines: American, Diner, Soups
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed August 13, 2009

If you don't try the migas at City Cafe, you will regret it. They are the best I have ever had (and I grew up in Texas!), and include some sort of "secret" spice which I cannot quite place. Add potatoes with Cajun ketchup and coffee into the mix, and you are set.

The atmosphere is very friendly, with many regulars interacting with the wonderful staff.

1  Thank MIGAMANIAC

Reviewed June 8, 2009

I think this tiny place may be the best kept secret in Indy! It is VERY small, but the food and service are amazing! The staff is very knowledgeable about the menu, which is always helpful! Service is quick and perfect for a nice lunch downtown.

I believe the soup menu changes daily, but their gazpacho and roasted tomato soup are both amazing!!!!

They also have a wonderful beef tenderloin sandwich that my husband orders EVERY time!

If you appreciate good, fresh food with excellent taste, this is a GREAT place to visit. A far cry from the typical "chain" type places!

1  Thank laura0227
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This place is small, so it fills up fast. We stopped for breakfast while in Indy and we were very happy with our choice. We always look for new breakfast spots that have some "special" items on their menu. The City Cafe hit the bulls eye. Many of their ingredients are fresh and organic. We talked to the owner who was waiting tables and seating customers. I commented on the color of the egg yokes and she stated they were from free range chickens and the difference was very obvious vs. what they call "factory" eggs. My wife had one the the specials that day which was pancakes with pear sause......very tasty. I went with the Corn Beef Hash, which was made from scratch and was delicious. Had to also try a small plate of B&G, which was also made from scratch. All and all....outstanding choice for breakfast.

2  Thank islandexplorer
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 20, 2008

LOVE the unique grilled cheese. Great three out of four times - burnt the last time and not melted all the way through.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Fun place for breakfast, but my all time favorite breakfast places is Patachou.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook