“If you like good food eaten at a "dive...."”

Downtown Olly's Incorporated
Ranked #939 of 2,358 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Indianapolis, Indiana
“If you like good food eaten at a "dive...."”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had heard good things about Olly's along with some not so good. I decided to try this bar that serves food on a Saturday evening in March 2013, I parked in the small lot outside the plain building with NO visible signage giving the name of the place.
Once inside, I was greeted by a friendly person who advised me that I had seated myself at a table that was already occupied by people who had gone outside to smoke. He was very apologetic and offered me another table. I told him this was my first time at Olly's and he gave me a hug and welcomed me.
The dining area is old and disgusting. Huge parts of the carpet at bare down to the concrete floor. The wood finish on the booths is completely worn and scratched. There was paper on the floor. I almost decided to leave wondering what a kitchen would look like in a place like this.
The server was friendly. Though when he served my cup of soup after a rather long wait with very few people in the place, he spilled some of the overfilled cup of soup while placing it in front of me, He left not cleaning up his mess and I had NO napkin at this point to clean it myself. Later when he came to clear my empty dish, he picked up one noodle WITH HIS HAND and left a second noodle on the table in front of me.
The pot roast was delicious as was the mashed potatoes. The bowl of veggies had good flavor but were cold so I did not finish them.
Overall, I would not go to this place again for a lunch or dinner. I am told it is good food at 3AM after leaving downtown area bars if you want greasy to help clear out the alcohol consumption of the evening.

• Visited March 2013

Iowa
“Great for breakfast!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Awesome locally owned place! Fun crowd, great food - i highly recommend it! The prices are very reasonable. I didn't find anything to not like here!

Frederiksted, St. Croix
“near downtown”
Reviewed March 1, 2009

The food is really bad. The cocktails are very good. The Bartender Lonny is great!

1 Thank indytopdad
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice neighborhood bar with mixed gay/straight clientele and staff. Nice salads and lunch specials.”
Reviewed December 22, 2008