“Great little Japanese restaurant!”

Wasabi On 82nd St Japanese
Ranked #545 of 2,418 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We love this place. It is independently owned and the food and service are terrific. The owner and staff are welcoming and make you feel they are glad to see you every time. Make sure to get the rock n roll!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Food is always good and fresh. Service is okay. Been there several times and never a complaint. Fried rice is tasty as well as the steamed dumplings. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We have had lunch here several times, and been very pleased each time, They have a nice variety of sushi, including several combination lunches. The restaurant is very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. It is in a strip mall, and there is not much atmosphere, but the good food makes up for that. Try the piano roll sushi!

Reviewed February 9, 2012

My son and I went to Wasabi on February 2012, we ordered the mistake roll,volcano roll,spicy octopus, softshell blue crab roll, and softshell blue crab fried as an appetizer. We enjoyed our meal while we were that, but at around 3.am yesterday morning i took very ill, i began having severe diarrhea around every 30 minuites i was up out of my bed pooping(very loose stools).. It gets worse, then i felt like vomiting, but i couldn't instead continued with diarrhea. I missed work today because i couldn't stop using the restroom. At around 9am,, the nurse from my sons school called and said he was having diarrhea and needed to be picked up. I ended spending 25bucks on recovery supplies for myself and my son(i.e. pepto,chicken broth,mashed potatoes, power aids with electrolytes. I called wasabi first thing this morning and a woman answered the phone and assured me that they would refund me my money back..I was so sick that i had to be driven up to wasabi to try and get my money back $62.00 was my total bill. When I got to Wasabi, the manager told me she wasn't giving me my money back. Keep in mind i lost money from missing work, plus i had to spend money on recovery supplies, now this ladied had lied to me over the phone and had my mom waste her gas driving me up there because i was in no condition to drive....I WAS REALLY PISSED...WASABI SUCKS THEY GIVE YOU DIARRHEA AND WON'T REFUND YOU YOUR MONEY BACK ....STAY AWAY!!!! KEEP IN MIND ALL SUSHI THAT MY SON AND I ATE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FULLY COOKED, NOTHING RAW....SO THERE MUST HAVE BEEN SOME UNSANITARY PRACTICES TAKING PLACE...

Reviewed July 24, 2011

We frequent Wasabi on 82nd quite often. Having tried several other sushi restaurants we always end up coming back here to enjoy signature rolls not found at other restaurants. The Mistake and the Nemo roll are two of our favorites. The bento boxes are good but we have not tried much else other than those and sushi off the menu. Atmosphere is a bit lacking but that is not why we go there.