“hidden gem”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Washington
Neighborhood: Washington
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've spent a couple of weeks in Thailand so I'm a little picky about my Thai food, and I was very pleasantly surprised by this place. It is just a storefront in a suburban strip mall, but once you walk in and see the silk tablecloths and decorations you feel like you are back in Thailand. We tried the pineapple fried rice and the massaman curry, and both were delicious. There was enough food for the three of us in the two dishes, and the prices were very reasonable. Both dishes had complex flavors, and I saw the fresh pineapples in the kitchen. We will be back.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have not been to all the Thai restaurants in Indianapolis. But of the highly reviewed ones, we think this is clearly the best. It is a very pleasant small-ish restaurant at which the service has always been excellent. They offer a very nice array of noodles dishes aside from standard Pad Thai and many excellent curry dishes including an extremely good duck curry.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Not being a huge fan of Thai food (I thought) I was somewhat apprehensive when a friend suggested Jasmine Thai Restaurant for lunch today. I am a person that likes flavor but not fire.

Now I am sold...............the food was wonderful. I selected Yellow Curry Chicken and was given a choice of mild, medium, etc. I told the waitress that I liked flavor but did not want it "hot". It was perfectly prepared, very flavorful and served with rice. The soup (served prior) was tasty as well.

I might add that the service was quite good, as well.

I saw a number of dishes on the menu that I would have liked to try............I will return to give them a try.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

One of our favorite places to eat Thai! Pad Thai is my staple, medium hot. Order hot with caution, it will make you sinuses happy. But do try the Massaman Curry, Money Bags and good Spring Rolls. It is a great value during the week for lunch but worth the extra cost on the weekend.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I went for the first time a few years ago while visiting my sister and LOVED the Pad Thai Chicken! In fact, I've salivated over the thought of having it again ever since. Today, I had the opportunity to have it again and it was great; but maybe not quite as good as in my memory.

We all had the same thing; you can order the heat to your liking. Huge plate for just $8! Atmosphere is modest but clean. Service was fast and polite. I would definitely go again but with my expectations in check.