“Chain but Really Good”

On The Border Mexican Grill
Ranked #781 of 2,395 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

So it has a chain feel but it is done well. Always friendly service and good food. Chicken quesadilla is perfect. I love their salsa because it actually has a kick. Had a margarita too, which it tasted good but not a lot of alcohol in it. Always leave full and happy!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was my first time to this restaurant but it sure wont be my last. Our server was a very sweet young girl (sorry I cant remember her name) who was very helpful and patient with us as we asked our many questions regarding the menu. The guacamole was soo good as well as the complimentary chips and salsa. If you like friendly people and great food - check this out.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

There a many Mexican "cantinas" to choose from and most serve up large portions of "TexMex" cuisine. On The Border fits the category but the choices are many, the sauces provide a nice change of flavor. Our most recent visit left us more than satisfied-with the quantity and with the quality and tastes.

The salsa has a nice bite to it without overwhelming. They serve a generous portion of it with a basket of chips to munch on while pondering over the choices. We happened to be there on a Monday night featuring discounted house Margaritas which were perfect.

My wife chose the Fish Taco platter. The fish was lighty breaded with a Corona beer batter and deep fried to a beautiful crunchy golden color. They weren't greasy and the flavor beats that of most Friday night fish frys found in many restaurants. A simple mix of shredded green and red cabbage along with carrot strings rounded out the three enormus tacos. The side sauce kprovided a great balance to the taco. Along with the tacos were more than adequate refried beans-not just paste but with whole beans as well-and Mexican rice.

I had the Chipotle Chicken Enchilada platter. It had one large enchilada full of goodies including lots of small chicken pieces. In addition it also had beans and rice. I opted for the tasty black beans. The tomatillo sauce provided a piquant flavor to this satisfying dish. We left completely satisfied and with some uneaten food due to the size of the portions.

Our server was outstanding. Congenial and helpful in making a choice. He never let my wife's tea glass get more than half empty. We could add nothing to improve the experience.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stopped in to eat after shopping at the mall nearby. Great location and staff are friendly! We enjoyed the food and the menu has good options.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I went here for dinner. They do not cook anything here they simply apply heat. It is also overpriced for what it is. The fish taco's are on corn tortillas that were terrible, and the service was mediocre at best. The floors were filthy and the bathrooms weren't any better. Go elsewhere.