“Indianapolis Benihana Best One Of All!!!”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #598 of 2,403 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sheraton Hotel
Description: Prepare for a dining experience unlike any other. Watch as your personal chef performs the ancient art of Teppanyaki. Listen as razor-sharp blades slice through tender steak and juicy chicken. Take in the aroma of sizzling shrimp, lobster and savory vegetables. Or visit our sushi bar, where your sushi chef will prepare fresh nigiri, sashimi and specialty rolls, all with the same flair that made Benihana a legend in Japanese cuisine.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I travel all the time and always try to stop at a Benihana when I travel. The Table Layout where 8 sit at a table together is much better for a Road Warrior because most of the time you can have a conversation with your table mates. But the Benihana Indianapolis is the BEST of them. First off the Drinks are always very good from the Bar and their Specialty Drinks are fantastic. I always get a California Roll as an Appetizer and the Quality of the Sushi is unsurpassed. The Ginger Dressing with the Salads is very very Good and so Unique. The Benihana Staff Indianapolis is always incredibly Friendly and The Chefs always have the Best Show. I always get the Steak and Scallops. The Steak is always tender and cooked to order. The Seafood is the Freshest. The Manager Rose stopped by the Table to make sure everything was ok which was a nice finishing touch to a Great Show and Great Meal. Highly Recommend Benihana Indianapolis!!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had been told this was THE place to go. Yet, the time a large group of 10 went, they all told me the show was much less impressive as in the past. There were only three neat things the chef did, and he rarely spoke to us. It was more dull than I had expected.

The service wasn't bad and the food was pretty good. But I have been to better japanese restaurants than when I went here. It wouldn't hurt to try it if you can afford it, but I will not be going back.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Everything from the service to the food was absolutely amazing! The staff was very helpful with ordering and also super friendly! The sushi was perfect as well as the main course! Can't wait to go back for my birthday in a few weeks!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Very odd experience. My family and I sit down at our table and our American looking hostess dropped a menu on the ground, when she went to pick it up her thong was hanging out, which of course my 5 year son notices and says "her underwear is broken Daddy!" Talk about an awkward moment! The hostess laughed and could care less. My wife and I ordered a sushi appetizer, we asked for spicy mayo twice but it took so long we already at the sushi before she came out with it. Oh well. The bill came and she came back 3 times and literally walked off with my credit card still inside on all 3 OCCASIONS! It was actually quite comical! We went at lunch, place wasn't busy, so I'm confused as to why she was in such a huge rush. Very rude and stupid. Positives, she refilled our drinks many times,and the food was excellent. Other than that, not much else to be excited about. ***Tip if you want to not spend as much, go to lunch at Benihana, it's half price and fried rice in INCLUDED in your meal, it's $3.25 extra for fried rice at dinner!***

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Took a group of 8. They included a mandatory tip at 18% and I thought the service was fairly suspect. The waitress was slow and the bussing of the table was spotty. Not what I expect when tipping $45 . The chef was entertaining but the person taking orders was busy and failed to bring appetizers until we were having dinner.
Hostess mixed up our reservation when we came in so we sat for 25 minutes waiting for others to be seated ahead of us. When I finally asked they were kind enought to seat us in about 5 more minutes. They also offered free drink and appetizer which defrayed the cost of the meal for us so they were trying to accomodate after they realized how long we waited. This place was very busy for about two and a half hours and then emptied out. No doubt the service would be better if we didn't come at dinner. A friend told me lunches are about half the cost of dinner. Maybe the service would be better also.
Dinner was entertaining in spite of the wait.

Been to Benihana? Share your experiences!