“Had fun” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #454 of 2,340 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sheraton Hotel
Description: Prepare for a dining experience unlike any other. Watch as your personal chef performs the ancient art of Teppanyaki. Listen as razor-sharp blades slice through tender steak and juicy chicken. Take in the aroma of sizzling shrimp, lobster and savory vegetables. Or visit our sushi bar, where your sushi chef will prepare fresh nigiri, sashimi and specialty rolls, all with the same flair that made Benihana a legend in Japanese cuisine.
Zionsville, Indiana
“Had fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Took a group of 8. They included a mandatory tip at 18% and I thought the service was fairly suspect. The waitress was slow and the bussing of the table was spotty. Not what I expect when tipping $45 . The chef was entertaining but the person taking orders was busy and failed to bring appetizers until we were having dinner.
Hostess mixed up our reservation when we came in so we sat for 25 minutes waiting for others to be seated ahead of us. When I finally asked they were kind enought to seat us in about 5 more minutes. They also offered free drink and appetizer which defrayed the cost of the meal for us so they were trying to accomodate after they realized how long we waited. This place was very busy for about two and a half hours and then emptied out. No doubt the service would be better if we didn't come at dinner. A friend told me lunches are about half the cost of dinner. Maybe the service would be better also.
Dinner was entertaining in spite of the wait.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Westfield, Indiana
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have entered this establishment once. That is enough for me. I went with my family for a nice meal, but did not have reservations. The ladies at the hostess table were very rude and were not happy that we did not have reservations. We told them we were wanting to be seated at the Hibachi tables. They acted like they could not speak English and motioned us to a dinning room full of regular tables only and attempted to seat us. I again mentioned we were wanting Hibachi. The hostess turned and walked away and did not return. We left. I would not recommend this place.

• Visited March 2012
Indianapolis
“Good First Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Overall a favorable first experience. The food and service was above average and felt the overall value was good.

Atmosphere wasnt what I anticipated but would return.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Carbon Copy of the all the rest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

OK, I love Benihana's and go their often (unless there is a non chain Japanese steak house to venture too) and the only reason I am giving this an average rating is our chef. He just was average and lets face it, you go to Benihana's to eat well and be etertained at the same time. Food was good, chef as mediocre. They have other good ones there so it's luck of the draw.

Visited April 2012
USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Overall the staff was plain and simply rude that made guests feel like an inconvenience.

• Visited January 2012