“Classy and Casual”
Review of Prime 47

Prime 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 2,365 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is Indianapolis's only locally owned & operated Prime Steakhouse. In addition to our wonderful steaks we offer a variety a fresh seafood and an extensive wine list. What really sets Prime 47 apart from other Indy steakhouses is our staff. Our servers work in teams of two to ensure that every guests has the Prime Experience. Set in the Majestic Building, Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is a site to behold. Built in 1895 for the Indiana Gas Company, this unique building has a lot to offer. From its original tile floors, marble columns and 18-foot windows to view Pennsylvania and Maryland Streets, the atmosphere starts from the ground up. Prime 47 is one of the few downtown Indianapolis steakhouses that features live music nightly.
Westerville, Ohio
“Classy and Casual”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Not realizing there was a home Pacers game when the reservation made didn't really matter. The restaurant and bar area were extremely busy but the food nor service were sacrificed. Appetizers and steaks were prepared flawlessly the service was outstanding. I would return and recommend to others.

Visited February 2014

Batesville, Indiana
“Save room for dessert!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had dinner here over the holidays and the dinner/service was great. Truffle mashed potatoes are incredible! Wagyu filet was delicious and so flavorful. Definitely save room for the half baked chocolate chip cookie with ice cream!!! One of the best desserts I have ever had.

Visited December 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“New Name, Familiar Food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I decided to eat at Prime 47 after a show at IRT. We had a great table and the wait staff was superb. They were professional and very attentive. The food was good but not as good for the cost. I think it was overpriced for the experience. But, overall a good meal, enjoyed the atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Steak in Downtown Indy”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I went to Prime 47 last week before a Pacers game. The steaks are amazing! I had a filet with scallops and my boyfriend had the ribeye...we'll definitely be back again. Make sure you try the lobster mac and cheese and start with a shrimp cocktail. The wine list is great with a wide range of choices. Our server was friendly and attentive, making the experience even more enjoyable.
If you're in downtown Indianapolis and looking for the best steak in town, don't miss out on Prime 47!

• Visited December 2013
“Can I get my money back?”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

This property is now called Prime 47. It should be called "don't eat here".
This used to be Mo's A Place For Steaks but because the gentleman who ran/owned most of it was ousted, it is being run by different management.

We used to LOVE Mo's. Love. Love. Love. My husband decided to take me out downtown. Carriage ride (I highly recommend it), walking around the circle (the lights are on around the circle) and then dinner. Perfect night! And then we went to dinner. I HIGHLY suggest you go to St. Elmo's or Ruth's Chris or Morton's instead.

The food wasn't very good and CERTAINLY did not reflect the prices. The service was very casual (again...if you're charging me at 4-5 star prices I expect 4-5 star service) and they were WAY too familiar. I miss the days of servers decrumbing after each course. Mo's USED to do this.

I felt like I was at Applebee's with Ruth's Chris prices and my servers acted like they were my friends. No. You are here to serve me. The end. We will never be back and that is a real shame because it COULD have remained our favorite downtown dinner place. See ya never.

1 Thank Marriedahoosier