Prime 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 2,409 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is Indianapolis's only locally owned & operated Prime Steakhouse. In addition to our wonderful steaks we offer a variety a fresh seafood and an extensive wine list. What really sets Prime 47 apart from other Indy steakhouses is our staff. Our servers work in teams of two to ensure that every guests has the Prime Experience. Set in the Majestic Building, Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is a site to behold. Built in 1895 for the Indiana Gas Company, this unique building has a lot to offer. From its original tile floors, marble columns and 18-foot windows to view Pennsylvania and Maryland Streets, the atmosphere starts from the ground up. Prime 47 is one of the few downtown Indianapolis steakhouses that features live music nightly.
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Excellent, very flavorful food. When I return, I'll probably sit at a table instead of the bar area, as bartender was too busy, often on her cell phone, then later with fending off advances of the drunks a few seats down. Lobster Mac and cheese is fantastic and lives up to everyone else's positive reviews. Their filet is superb. Concierge at JW Marriott named Chris made my reservation and comped a bread pudding desert, so thanks to him for a job well done. Hands down, the best meal I had during my 5 night stay in Indianapolis.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was previously Mo's and was a popular steakhouse in downtown Indianapolis. Although the name has changed, the food and service have remained top notch. Our group enjoyed appetizers, steaks, seafood, and desserts. No complaints. We expected high quality and definitely received it. Although it may not have the atmosphere of St. Elmo's, it's definitely a great place for a business dinner.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The atmosphere of J Hamman, formerly Mo's, is casual elegance. There is a lot of dark wood, white linens on the tables, but also a bar with framed basketball jerseys and a tv tuned to espn over the bar. The tv volume was low enough that diners were able to enjoy the live piano music while eating. We came for an early dinner on a Tuesday night. The service was top notch. Wait staff was there as needed but didn't hover. They checked during every course to be sure the food was to our liking. The waiter explained the specials then brought bread and drinks to enjoy while we looked over the menu. After giving us time to peruse the menu, he came back with a tray of steaks to show us and explain the difference in the cuts.

A house salad or soup of the day is included with dinner entrees. We started with lobster bisque and the soup of the day which was cheesy broccolini, followed by a house salad with their balsamic dressing and the field greens salad with strawberries, blue cheese, and pecans. All were very good and fresh tasting. The field greens salad had generous clumps of blue cheese, not the tiny crumbles that disappear into the lettuce. The bread plate had three different types of bread and a flavored butter as well as plain. The stars of the meal were the ribeye and pan seared sea bass we shared. The ribeye was cooked to perfection at medium. It was so flavorful and juicy we didn't need steak knives to cut it. One of the best steaks we ever had. The sea bass had a nice golden crust with a tender inside that melted in my mouth. I'm picky about sea bass and this was hands down the best I've ever had. The sea bass came with spinach, grape tomatoes, tender-crisp asparagus and a lemon caper butter sauce. Because the fish came with vegetables we ordered just the roasted fingerling potatoes with bacon, mushrooms and onions as our only side to share. The steak was delicious on its own and didn't need a topping, but the bacon, mushrooms and onions from the potato side tasted really good with the steak. If we ever return to Indianapolis, I would eat there again.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Been there for a business diner and was really impressed by the quality of the meat. I shared a rib-eye and that was really really nice, smoked just like enough, well cooked and not too fatty or dry. Really had a great meal here. most of the side where also very nice. Especially the Lobster mac n cheese and spinach. Overall setting is also nice, maybe more suited for business than a romantic settings but I would definitely recommend to all meat lovers. Of course price wise it is on the high side but worth it in my opinion!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Accompanied my husband on a business outing here before the Colt's vs. Denver Game. This place was completely packed, and hand's down the worst meal I have EVER had in an upscale restaurant. Ironically enough, I had one of the best meals ever here a couple years ago when it was Mo's. Last night our dinner for eight was a couple grand, and the ONLY thing I think they did right were the steaks, which I didn't order. To start, the building felt damp and smelled musty, not appetite appealing. The meatballs were overdone and looked like they had been sitting in a warming oven for hours. The hot crab dip wouldn't have been too bad, but the chips they served it with were so salty, it completely ruined the dish. The crab cake tasted fishy and old. And don't even get me started on the soup and sides. Horrible!!! I'm a soup girl, order it almost every time I eat out, and never really met a soup I didn't like. My husband and I ordered the Minestrone, and we both thought it looked and tasted like they opened up a can of tomatoes, dumped a few beans in and warmed it up. In my small cup I had a chunk of tomato that was the size of half the cup and looked like a bloodclot. NO taste to it whatsoever. The Lobster Mac was served cold, no flavor to that either, the asparagus was just steamed and thrown on a plate with bad hollandaise that tasted like it came from a jar. The mashed potatoes weren't even flavorful, and what Steak/Seafood house messes up their Mash? I had the sea bass, one of the most expensive seafood items on the Menu and it was overcooked and dry, which is damned neared impossible to do with sea bass! The head chef here should be completely embarrassed and fired at the very least. Had I been paying with my own money and not been with business people, I would have sent nearly everything back and had a nice long chat with the Manager. I would never go back and highly recommend you choose a downtown restaurant worthy of your money! At least the Colt's won and saved the evening! Robert Irvine really needs to pay this place a visit and introduce this chef to a little thing called Presentation and Flavor!

3  Thank 9Hazel91