“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Prime 47

Prime 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 2,347 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is Indianapolis's only locally owned & operated Prime Steakhouse. In addition to our wonderful steaks we offer a variety a fresh seafood and an extensive wine list. What really sets Prime 47 apart from other Indy steakhouses is our staff. Our servers work in teams of two to ensure that every guests has the Prime Experience. Set in the Majestic Building, Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is a site to behold. Built in 1895 for the Indiana Gas Company, this unique building has a lot to offer. From its original tile floors, marble columns and 18-foot windows to view Pennsylvania and Maryland Streets, the atmosphere starts from the ground up. Prime 47 is one of the few downtown Indianapolis steakhouses that features live music nightly.
Canton, Georgia, United States
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Everything, from the hostesses, to the bar staff, to the wait staff, to the food itself was OUTSTANDING ! Out waiter made am excellent wine recommendation that paired well with my steak. I truly enjoyed the evening.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Moooo! for Mo's!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Good beef! New York strips were super. My bro man had a strip and I had the bone-in strip. We compared flavors of each steak and really could not tell much difference. The shrimp cocktail was good. But how about five shrimp instead of four. Wedge salad nice. This is the second time to Mo's in the past few months. Each time a medium rare steak order came out rare. Actually cold in the middle. Now come on. You are a steak place. Yes it was taken care of but still annoying. Best part of the meal was Molly serving our drinks and food. This was at the bar and she did not miss a step. Outgoing personality and a professional in her service. A very capable bartender/server. Two thumbs up!! Last thing just because you have a filled restaurant I find upsetting taking popular items off the menu (onion straws, mushrooms) just to accommodate a larger crowd. Tsk, tsk!

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Don't go to Mo's.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Mo's for the first time in December after my he and his family had raved about their amazing experiences with Mo's food, atmosphere, and service. It was my most AWFUL dining experience to date, and I will not be back. We had reservations for two and were promptly seated. However we waited for over 35 minutes before anyone greeted us or took our drink order. We politely inquired to the manager about our lengthy wait time to which he took our drink orders, said the drinks were on them, and promised to send someone over right away to take our food order. We waited another 15 minutes for our drinks to arrive from the bar (which was surprising since we had just talked to the manager and we didn't order anything fancy). After another 20 minutes a waiter finally came to take our food order, to which we waited a very long time again for our food to actually arrive. The servers kept bringing my boyfriend beer, and I thought this was their "apology/act of good service" to make up for the poor service. The manager also offered a free dessert as a thank you for being so patient. To make a long story short, our meal at Mo's took OVER 3 HOURS and the food was not even that impressive. When the bill finally came, we were shocked to find all of our supposed "complimentary" drinks on our tab. When we asked to speak to the manager again to inquire, he had no time to come over to our table since some higher profile Pacer players had arrived and he was busy attending to their needs. We paid our bill and left in a disappointed state. The next afternoon my boyfriend called Mo's to speak to the manager and offer concern for our poor visit. The Manager seemed very nice and understanding, took down my boyfriend's address and promised to send a gift card for two in order for us to visit Mo's again and hopefully have a better experience. NOTHING ever arrived in the mail, which makes Mo's even worse for not keeping their word to their customers. I will never visit Mo's again and encourage potential customers to visit Sullivan's, Harry & Izzys, or St. Elmo's instead... as I have been to all of those fabulous steakhouses many times and will continue to be a loyal customer to them. Mo's was disappointing in service, quality and customer care. Plus, the pricey meal was NOT worth the time and hassle. We will not be returning.

Visited December 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Carmel Location, Just as Flawless as Downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Attended the Bobby Knight dinner here and Mo's certainly met my expectations. I have eaten at the downtown location several times, was nothing but impressed, and was curious if the Carmel location was just as good. Signature Mo's style in food and service for sure. Service was EXCELLENT as usual. 5 course dinner was the best my brother and I have ever experienced. Jaqueline was a phenomenal hostess and very hospitable. If you are ever in the Carmel area, I would certainly recommend Mo's as a viable option for a first class dinner.

Northville, Michigan
“One of the absolute best steaks EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Am fortunate to have enjoyed steak at many of the best restaurants in the U. S. and have to say Mo's might be the best. We still find ourselves thinking about it. When in Indy, if you get the chance, definitely go to Mo's for one of the finest steaks you'll ever enjoy.

Visited May 2012