“oo many other great places to eat, just skip it!!”
Review of Prime 47

Prime 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 2,453 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is Indianapolis's only locally owned & operated Prime Steakhouse. In addition to our wonderful steaks we offer a variety a fresh seafood and an extensive wine list. What really sets Prime 47 apart from other Indy steakhouses is our staff. Our servers work in teams of two to ensure that every guests has the Prime Experience. Set in the Majestic Building, Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is a site to behold. Built in 1895 for the Indiana Gas Company, this unique building has a lot to offer. From its original tile floors, marble columns and 18-foot windows to view Pennsylvania and Maryland Streets, the atmosphere starts from the ground up. Prime 47 is one of the few downtown Indianapolis steakhouses that features live music nightly.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was in town for a conference and Mo's was recommended by my hotel. I had high hope for Mo's after looking at the menu....I wish I had checked Tripadvisor before going because I would have chosen one of the higher ranked steak houses. I love Filet Mignon so I ordered the 8oz with Oscar topping and two sides: the Mo's Signature Double Baked Potato and Sautéed Mushrooms.

I ordered my steak medium, but when I received it, it was well done. So they took it back, but when it returned it was rare (cold in the center). I should have just said keep it, but ever the optimist I sent it back again....third time was not a charm, but I ate it anyways because I was starving. Interesting enough they never offered to redo my sides and since it took so long for my steak to come out they were both cold. The mushrooms were good...well before they were cold, but there was nothing special about the Signature Double Baked Potato.

They did offer to give me a free dessert....REALLY???!!! I did not take them up on it. I would say hands down this experience was one of the worst experiences I have ever had.

I love good food, this place is definitely hit and miss....for the price I would recommend skipping it and trying one of the other higher ranked steakhouses downtown.

1  Thank beau377
Mos Indianapoli... I, Guest Relations Manager at Prime 47, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your recent visit at Mo's... A Place for Steaks. Please allow me to apologize for what appears to be an unsatisfactory experience. We would like to address the issues as soon as possible. Please provide me with your contact information via email (guestservices@epichospitality.com), so that we may have our General Manager at the restaurant reach out to you. Your complaint is taken very seriously by our company and will be followed up on.

Again, my apologies and thanks for writing.
Allison M
Epic Hospitality Group

Reviewed October 23, 2012

wonderful steaks and huge shrimps in the shrimp cocktail. Very attentive service. We always go there for an anniversary dinner.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I love this place, and recommend it frequently! I love a locally owned and operated establishment that offers such great service and wonderful food. It is comparable in price to St. Elmo, but above and beyond other such establishments in quality of food and service. The staff is friendly and professional, the ambiance is tasteful and romantic (in my opinion). They even had a pianist performing on a live piano right at the front which I feel is a great touch. I would certainly bring dates or colleagues to this establishment if you are trying to impress. Again, I would recommend this establishment to anyone looking for dinner within this price point.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Ambiance is awesome--best filet in the city. Not a cheap date place though. :-) Rich interior without being uppity/stuffy.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had the pan-seared fish (can't remember the species). I was good but not a lot there for the $34. Sides are separate from entrees and big enough for two. Good place, but expect to spend a pretty penny.