“Best Steakhouse in Indy!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prime 47

Prime 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 2,339 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is Indianapolis's only locally owned & operated Prime Steakhouse. In addition to our wonderful steaks we offer a variety a fresh seafood and an extensive wine list. What really sets Prime 47 apart from other Indy steakhouses is our staff. Our servers work in teams of two to ensure that every guests has the Prime Experience. Set in the Majestic Building, Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is a site to behold. Built in 1895 for the Indiana Gas Company, this unique building has a lot to offer. From its original tile floors, marble columns and 18-foot windows to view Pennsylvania and Maryland Streets, the atmosphere starts from the ground up. Prime 47 is one of the few downtown Indianapolis steakhouses that features live music nightly.
“Best Steakhouse in Indy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

St. Elmo's has always been my favorite...But we could not get in this night. So we were told to check out Mo's. They do the same type of shrimp (as good as St. Elmo's). But their steaks were just flat out better. They literally listened to you on how you wanted it prepared...No matter how weird, they would do it for you.
That night was my birthday and they overheard one of the group say what a shame it was to have to spend your bithday with co-workers and not family. They brought three of the best chocolate chip cookies (in a skillet and each one was about 12 inches across) to the table for us to help celebrate my b-day.
I am a customer for life!

Visited April 2012
4 Thank ZMyers

“Loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

Visiting from out of town, thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The best streak and tuna I've had in a long time. It's pricey but extremely enjoyable.

1 Thank Clayton C
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent Service, Nice Location, Good Food, Fairly Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Mo's is located in what appears to be an old bank building in the heart of downtown. It is open and loud, with a casual elegance. This atmosphere did not detract from my visit.

The wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We had the scallops for an appetizer. At $14.95 for three scallops I found them to be a bit expensive and, a bit unimpressive. They were wrapped in proscuitto and served with a balsamic glaze. Sounded great, but were just ok.

The steak was cooked to perfection and was an incredible cut. The ala-carte sides we chose were again, just ok. Maybe there were the ones we chose, but I was unimpressed. Husband liked the sides more than I did. We had the twice baked potato and the jalapeno hash browns. My wedge salad was excellent. For dessert we had the half-baked chocolate chip cookie. Very good as well.

I guess all in all, it was very good, but maybe a little too overpriced in all areas but the steak. I've eaten appetizers and sides that were as good, if not better at much lower end restaurants. Perhaps the appetizer prices need lowered, or the appetizer quality needs improved upon? Same for the sides.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gemelli
Fayette City, Pennsylvania
“Mo's is excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Great service and killer steaks!!!! Food was amazing!!! Had a really great time, was the best steak I have ever eaten, thats for sure.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Tiffany C
Indiana
“Best SERVICE Anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is the best service I have ever experienced in a restaurant. I have been here 5 times and each time the service is perfect. The food is equal to the best steak in Indianapolis (Morton’s, Shula’s, Ruth’s Chris). But, this place beats them all in service. Very personal. They even try to remember your name from past visits.

• Visited December 2011