“5th Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Prime 47

Prime 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 2,351 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is Indianapolis's only locally owned & operated Prime Steakhouse. In addition to our wonderful steaks we offer a variety a fresh seafood and an extensive wine list. What really sets Prime 47 apart from other Indy steakhouses is our staff. Our servers work in teams of two to ensure that every guests has the Prime Experience. Set in the Majestic Building, Prime 47...Indy's Steakhouse is a site to behold. Built in 1895 for the Indiana Gas Company, this unique building has a lot to offer. From its original tile floors, marble columns and 18-foot windows to view Pennsylvania and Maryland Streets, the atmosphere starts from the ground up. Prime 47 is one of the few downtown Indianapolis steakhouses that features live music nightly.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“5th Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Mo's is by far our favorite reataurant. From the time we walked in a were greated. To the table on the 2nd floor over looking the reastaurant. To Scott, our waiter, who remember us from our visit 4 months prior. The steaks are incredible and the service is top notch!! Only place for us in Indy!!!

• Visited August 2011
5 Thank Crashdavis95

“Mos knows steaks!”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I eat out a lot around this great country and usually at better steakhouses. Mos is about as good as they come. Independantly owned, its everything the chains AREN'T: comfy, personable and really interested in each guest. The only thing that equals the atmosphere and attitude are the steaks...try the Kansas City, its the end-all, as far as I'm concerned. Mos is ALWAYS on my agenda when in Indy. Ask for Scott or Chris, they're the best of the best.

5 Thank zevonfan13
“Bad service, bad food.”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We had heard good things about Mo's, after waiting 20 minutes for a reserved table, we sat 20 minutes before we were approached by a waiter. Meanwhile, the manager was fussing over table settings, and wine glasses at empty tables. after ordering, our soup/salad came quickly. We had ordered a bottle instead of glasses of wine because the initial contact with a waiter had taken so long. One of our orders was a med well filet. we specifically asked for it not to be butterflied. It came cold, overcooked, and if not butterflied, very thin. Our waiter never came to our table after our order. We left 3/4 of the filet, and it was never questioned. We will never be back!

1 Thank Calkids
Tennessee
“First (and LAST) dinner at Mo's”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Just finished our first (and last) meal at Mo's. First, the prices on their online menu definitely do not match the prices on their in-house menus. Although I anticipated paying a few hundred dollars for this meal I found this rather annoying. I let this initial annoyance slide though, because I thought that I might actually get what I paid for. We started on the right foot with the shrimp cocktail, the kung pao calamari, and the delicious bread plate and gourmet butter. Unfortunately, the meal did not keep getting better from here. When we received our steaks mine was covered in peppercorns (which I did not order), my father's filet was overcooked, and my husband's was seriously undercooked. When we sent his steak back to the kitchen they returned it without much improvement. (Half of it was charred and the other half was still very undercooked.) I was clearly irritated by this point, but no one acknowledged this (including the manager who was alerted to the fact that we were unsatisfied). To top it all off, when we paid the valet $20 and asked for $5 back (the cost of valet parking was $10) we heard him sarcastically say to the other valet, "he wants change." Seriously? We will not make the mistake of going to Mo's again.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank love2travel253
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not worth it, definitely better steakhouses to choose from in Indy”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

If you want a nice steak dinner in Indianapolis there are several places that your money could be better spent. Our server (and all of the staff) had a snotty attitude and was very pushy, and when we asked to speak to a manager one wouldn't even bother to come to the table. We were told they were "busy". The food was OK, but there are so many options in the downtown (and northside) area that I would recommend going somewhere like St. Elmo's (an Indy classic), Mortons, Ruth's Chris or Peterson's before I would suggest Mo's. It's expensive, snotty, noisey and definitley not worth the money.

• Visited December 2010