“Not Italian enough”

Maggiano's - Indianapolis
Reserve with OpenTable
Maggiano's - Indianapolis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 2,359 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not Italian enough”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I had dinner there recently, I had a taste for pork, but none was to be found. I was disappointed because as an Italian restaurant it did not have enough Italian food. it had the usual pasta and Marinara dishes, but I expected more. My wife had Veal Marsala and she was very happy with it, I settled for a sirloin steak. The food came out not as hot as I would have liked it to. It was a very busy night and I think that the servers had a little trouble handling it. Saturday nights appear to be really tough here. I had been here previously and the service was much better. Parking was also at a premium. We also ate in the banquet room, which has almost no atmosphere, it was being used because o\it was so busy.

• Visited March 2014

New Castle, Indiana
“Always great food and service!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Our family has eaten at Maggiano's over 15 times, and each time has been delightful! It is our go-to restaurant in central Indiana for special occasions such as birthdays and other celebrations. When making reservations (advised), we now request our favorite waiter, Stephen, who has always provided friendly, impeccable service. Food is prepared from scratch, and everything we've ever ordered (typically family style if our party is over four) has been savory. This special couple's night out had us ordering Caesar salad & stuffed mushrooms as appetizers, with my wife ordering eggplant parmesan and I fettuccine Alfredo. For dessert we had their delicious, (again made on site) New York style cheesecake. Our dinner for two even allowed us to take two separate entrees home for other family members! When we've a larger party and ordered family style, there are three options depending upon how hungry everyone is, but we start off with salads, plus calamari and mozzarella, followed by fettuccine and four cheese ravioli. Some of our favorite entrees: chicken parmesan, chicken saltimbocca, and parmesan-crusted tilapia. Bottom line: It's all way wonderful, delicious, made-from-scratch Italian food in very pleasant surroundings with fantastic, personalized service. [We've two favorite Italian restaurants we've eaten at in the U.S., one is in Hilton Head, SC, with Maggiano's Indy being the other!]

• Visited February 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Maggiano's Magnificience”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went to Maggiano's for a family celebration. The food was wonderful. We had a great time. Our service was a little slow but the order was correct and the food was delish! The added treat was taking home and extra dinner for the next night, compliments of the chef.

• Visited February 2014
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The food that I ended up ordering was good but I wanted the crab cakes and they were out!! So, then I wanted lobster and guess what? Yep, they were out of that too. What kind of upscale restaurant runs out of food?? I was soo disappointed.

Visited February 2014
United States
“Way Good!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We have eaten here numerous times in the last 7 years. We have never had bad service, and normally EXCEPITIONAL service. This past Saturday was awesome. We arrived at 7:15pm on a Saturday, with NO reservations (as a side note- we have never had reservations- we normally eat during the week, and access is no issue). The hostess said TWO hours to be seated, but bar was first come, first served. Holy cow, there was an empty table right in the middle of the lobby/ bar, so we sat down. Our server arrived in precisely 30 seconds (GEES!!!!!). ALL of our ordered items arrived promptly, and exactly as we ordered them. He was generous with his time, energy, and enthusiasm. He made our date night special. Also, in case you do not know, if you order a pasta entree, Maggiano's will give you one to take home for free!!!!! OMG!!!!! Great deal!!! TWO entree's for the price of ONE. We both had the lasagna because we love it, but there are about six items you can choose from, and get a free entree to take home. Anyway, they have a LOVELY outdoor patio area that we really enjoy in the summer, and the service in really good. Food value is very good!!!!! Go!!!! You will like it.

• Visited January 2014