“What happened?”

Maggiano's - Indianapolis
Reserve with OpenTable
Maggiano's - Indianapolis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 2,611 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 5, 2013

When visiting Indy, I would make a stop at Maggiano's for a nice dinner. What happened to the food? It was terrible. 2 dinners were average and mine was just miserable. I think I'll pass the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I go for their $39.95 Speial. Salads, two Classic Pastas for there and two to take home, then a shared dessert. We always get at least three full meals out of it. The Eggplant is as good as anywhere in town!
Great Deal for good food!

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Took our teen, who loves Italian food, here for a new experience. We were there off hours, 4 p, & did not have best experience. Wine was excellent. Waiter was not good about refilling water or checking back on us. Food was ok. We will choose differently next time. Not worth what it cost.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

The food and drinks are very goiod here and the wait staff is usually right on the ball. the portions are huge--consider sharing!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My party of 3 were spending the day shopping and decided to have lunch at this restaurant. We could barely comprehend our waiter and had to ask him to repeat himself over and over. We ordered our drinks and waited and waited. Once delivered, one of them was incorrect. We waited and waited for a replacement. Finally, all drinks were were served correctly and we ordered. We waited, and waited and then waited more - all in all about 35-40 minutes before our waiter came back to our table to tell us that one of the dishes a member of our party ordered was no longer available. So that diner chose a different dish. We waited and waited and waited some more. We asked when our food would be delivered and kept being promised soon. The manager stopped by the table and said he would "look" into the issue. Again, we waited. About 10-15 later, our food was brought out. The pasta dish was hot in the middle and cool around the edges and the chicken sandwich was dry, particularly around the edges as if it had been sitting for a while. The manager sent over a creme brulee dessert after everyone but me had left the restaurant and I was waiting for the bill. Once the bill arrived, we were charged for the dessert that we didn't order and never ate. Amazing! Once the manager brought over the corrected bill, I was again assured it would be "looked" into. Basically, seems like the waiter lost the ticket or something to that effect. There were 5 tables around us (our waiter's customers) that were seated, served, and out the door before we got our food. It was so disappointing as I have eaten at several other Maggiano's and assured my party that the food and service were very good. Unfortunately, this was a singularly sub par experience and I will never return.