“Sad, sad service”

Maggiano's - Indianapolis
Reserve with OpenTable
Maggiano's - Indianapolis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 2,611 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My party of 3 were spending the day shopping and decided to have lunch at this restaurant. We could barely comprehend our waiter and had to ask him to repeat himself over and over. We ordered our drinks and waited and waited. Once delivered, one of them was incorrect. We waited and waited for a replacement. Finally, all drinks were were served correctly and we ordered. We waited, and waited and then waited more - all in all about 35-40 minutes before our waiter came back to our table to tell us that one of the dishes a member of our party ordered was no longer available. So that diner chose a different dish. We waited and waited and waited some more. We asked when our food would be delivered and kept being promised soon. The manager stopped by the table and said he would "look" into the issue. Again, we waited. About 10-15 later, our food was brought out. The pasta dish was hot in the middle and cool around the edges and the chicken sandwich was dry, particularly around the edges as if it had been sitting for a while. The manager sent over a creme brulee dessert after everyone but me had left the restaurant and I was waiting for the bill. Once the bill arrived, we were charged for the dessert that we didn't order and never ate. Amazing! Once the manager brought over the corrected bill, I was again assured it would be "looked" into. Basically, seems like the waiter lost the ticket or something to that effect. There were 5 tables around us (our waiter's customers) that were seated, served, and out the door before we got our food. It was so disappointing as I have eaten at several other Maggiano's and assured my party that the food and service were very good. Unfortunately, this was a singularly sub par experience and I will never return.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Really great food and not too expensive. The service really keeps me coming back though. They must have a great manager who really focuses on the overall customer experience. Keep up the good work (and great food)!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This restaurant was suggested to me and our hotel was near so we tried it! There is valet parking if you desire and we went on a Saturday night so the place was PACKED. Our wait was 1 hr 15 min approx so we signed in then went to check into our hotel. When we came back, the restaurant had thinned out considerably. Their chocolate Martini was very good, lemon drop was good, (a friend had this drink) and their Pinot Grigio Sangria was sooo good and refreshing!! It was my favorite. A friend and I had the classic Italian dinner with two appetizers, two take home main dishes and a dessert for $39.95. It was all very very good!!! The service was slow BUT the restaurant was packed, friendly waiter, issues fixed with no problems, atmosphere was great, nicely decorated, very attractive restaurant. I had the mom's lasagna and would recommend it. WOULD EAT here again!!!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I ate here in November during a business trip to Indy. Got the mushroom ravioli, finished the meal off with some tiramisu. I thought the food was very good, and decently priced. People who have said "great value" are right on. Good portions, friendly servers, good location, plenty of parking. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We never seem to be able to clean our plates even though the food is excellent. A bit noisy, but that is one of the things we like about it. Calamari is our favorite appetizer - they prpare it better than many places