“No 'Speedy Gonzales' on the menu!”

LA Margarita Restaurant
Ranked #306 of 2,359 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“No 'Speedy Gonzales' on the menu!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Real Mexican food. Not like most Mexican restaurants in Indiana. Very yummy - great indoor and outdoor spaces. Great for lunches/dinners with the family and also nice bar/outside area to grab a drink with friends. In the heart of Ft. Square. Easy parking on the street and the free lot behind the building. Family owed/operated and the chef is amazing!!

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fun atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I've recently changed my mind on Mexican food in Indianapolis and would say that La Margarita is my new favorite spot! So much more is offered than the 'typical Mexican food menu', better and more elaborate. The waitress was great at directing us to her favorites and we all loved our meals. I typically don't order red meat, but the Machaca was excellent and I would order it again in a heartbeat. Extensive tequila menu and great margaritas.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fun Place with good food/drinks”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

If you want to hang out in a nice outside area and drink some beverages and eat some cheap Mexican food - the La Marg is the place. It's right on Virginia Avenue in Fountain Square. The service is good - they are all friendly. They provide bottled water for every table. I've eaten there a couple of times (despite a warning from someone that the food wasn't good) and I thought the food was good both times. I have only visited La Marg with work groups after work to socialize and relax in the sun. It's definitely a fun place for that. Everyone seems to enjoy the drinks - they often have an interesting selection of beer as well.

Naperville, IL
“Good service mediocre food”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Kids wanted tamales, and this was close by with outdoor seating on a nice summer evening. The hostess with sparkling dimples was very nice and accomodating, and our server Abbie was also very kind and accomodating to myself and two boys. But the food was ok. I had shredded beef w/mushrooms peppers and onions. I normally never get beef at restaurants b/c I have high standards for meat, but I broke my own rule, and it was just regular mexican to me. My kids shared a platter of 2 tamales and then I gave them my beef, beans, and rice in tortillas so we all got full on $25. And we did get to sit outside which I was glad about. If I'd known the Peruvian place was open, as many restaurants on Fountain Square are closed on Sundays, I'd have gone there to try something more authentic and non-ordinary. But the food was not bad, we've had worse Mexican before.

IN
“Calling all tequila snobs...”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

One of my favorites in Indy...great FSqr location...great food, fresh, locally supplied. Staff is fun, entertaining. Outdoor seating is far enough off of the main road so you won't choke on exhaust fumes. They offer a pretty unique bottle/can beer selection, which is updated often (we go there at least once per month and I always find at least 1 new beer that I have not tried before...last time it was a German-style Dampfbier out of a micro co-op in Maryland). If you're a tequila snob, then look no further...they have a nice selection of unusual offerings (including Mezcals) and bartenders can whip up just about any type of margarita your heart might desire. Pork shoulder tacos are my standby, but you can get a pretty good selection of food (seafood, beef, pork, chicken, vegetarian) depending on your palate and diet.

• Visited June 2014