“Friday Night Happy Hour”

LA Margarita Restaurant
Ranked #274 of 2,421 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stopped by to meet a friend Friday night for Happy Hour. Nice to see new things on this side of the street in Fountain Square. She works at Lilly and had never been to the area, and thought it was very cute. They had some anniversary specials, $2 tacos and Tequila shots. We split one of each of the tacos and I had a flight of tequila shots to try, she had a margarita. All very good, waitress very attentive. Nice neighborhood atmosphere without being two dive-y.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Very fresh. Pork carnita was some of the most tender pork I've ever had. Waitress said they slow cook it, I believe it!
Great selection of tequila too!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I would highly recommend this Mexican restaurant in Fountain Square. It is very clean and new- with nice decor. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient. The food was delicious! Everyone was very happy with their meals and we were impressed with how quickly the food was served even though there were 14 in our party. The food is more upscale than your average Mexican restaurant. The ingredients are fresh and the presentation is appealing. I highly recommend the carnitas burrito!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stopped by with a couple of friends to check it out. Not much to look at from the outside, but the service was great. Our server Trent, was attentive, accommodating, and knowledgeable of the entire menu. The complimentary chips and salsa were tasty. Our favorite was the salsa verde. So flavorful and just spicy enough. The best in town! For appetizers, we started with the fresh guacamole, which was good, chunky, if a bit under-seasoned, and also ordered the chile con queso and added chorizo. OMG! This was amazing! Not too spicy but certainly flavorful and perfectly cheesy! I ordered the chicken chimichangas. They were square-shaped rather than the typical rolls, but absolutely stuffed with tender, shredded chicken. A definite winner! The fish tacos were amazing. The fish was tender, light and flavorful. Our friends ordered the carne asada - absolute grilled perfection! I intend to order that the next time. It was tender and well-seasoned. The chilaquiles, which none of us had ever tried before, were also delicious. The refried beans were good, but a little underseasoned, and the rice was parboiled and flavorless. Overall, we will definitely be back for a return visit!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went as a family - 4 of us. Sat outdoors on the cozy corner in Fountain Square. Had a bit of a wait but the staff quickly took drink orders to keep us happy till they could seat us. Very friendly and inviting staff and atmosphere. We got tacos, fajitas, and carnitas and they were all lovely meals with the perfect amount of spices and flavor. NOT GREASY at all which is a BIG PLUS to me. It was a lovely outdoor meal with the family that will be remembered.

Oh... the chips. I forgot. Came out with 3 dipping sauces. Traditional salsa, guacamole, and a mixture of the two. The mixture was OUT OF THIS WORLD! Best salsa/guac I've ever had!