“Awesome Salsa Verde”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stopped by with a couple of friends to check it out. Not much to look at from the outside, but the service was great. Our server Trent, was attentive, accommodating, and knowledgeable of the entire menu. The complimentary chips and salsa were tasty. Our favorite was the salsa verde. So flavorful and just spicy enough. The best in town! For appetizers, we started with the fresh guacamole, which was good, chunky, if a bit under-seasoned, and also ordered the chile con queso and added chorizo. OMG! This was amazing! Not too spicy but certainly flavorful and perfectly cheesy! I ordered the chicken chimichangas. They were square-shaped rather than the typical rolls, but absolutely stuffed with tender, shredded chicken. A definite winner! The fish tacos were amazing. The fish was tender, light and flavorful. Our friends ordered the carne asada - absolute grilled perfection! I intend to order that the next time. It was tender and well-seasoned. The chilaquiles, which none of us had ever tried before, were also delicious. The refried beans were good, but a little underseasoned, and the rice was parboiled and flavorless. Overall, we will definitely be back for a return visit!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went as a family - 4 of us. Sat outdoors on the cozy corner in Fountain Square. Had a bit of a wait but the staff quickly took drink orders to keep us happy till they could seat us. Very friendly and inviting staff and atmosphere. We got tacos, fajitas, and carnitas and they were all lovely meals with the perfect amount of spices and flavor. NOT GREASY at all which is a BIG PLUS to me. It was a lovely outdoor meal with the family that will be remembered.

Oh... the chips. I forgot. Came out with 3 dipping sauces. Traditional salsa, guacamole, and a mixture of the two. The mixture was OUT OF THIS WORLD! Best salsa/guac I've ever had!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've eaten here twice on visits to Indy and have liked my meals. The ingredients are fresh and nicely done, above average on taste and presentation for Mexican fare.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Visiting Indianapolis for the first time, we took a cab from downtown to Fountain Square, but unfortunately not much was open (it was a Sunday night). We decided to stop for a drink at La Margarita, call a cab, and head back downtown. The bar staff was so friendly, we decided to stay for dinner and it was terrific! The margaritas were delicious, and you are served a trio of salsa and chips with your drinks. There is also a very nice outdoor dining area. After a delicious dinner (my husband had cactus for the first time and loved it!), we strolled the mile back downtown on the Cultural Trail…a wonderful evening in Indianapolis!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My Husband and I have been following this Resturant for 30 years, and I guess that explains how much I love it and they have moved to every part of Indianapolis, Broadripple, Speedway and the North side, luckly it is now in Fountain Square (closer to me) which is becoming a busy area, it is the new place to be, there are beautiful fountains, so it is nice to eat then take in some sights. When we found out it was close, we had to take our boys to the place we went every week when they were still kids, now they take their children. The bean dip and chili con queso are wonderful. I have never eaten a meal there that I didn't like. They have 3 dipping sauces to choose from, from mild to very hot. They have the largest tequila bar I have ever seen. The have outside seating which is always busy. I would suggest this place to anyone and have. Hard to pick when I was there, since I have been going for 30 years.