“Average to above average chinese food”
Review of Yen Ching

Yen Ching
Ranked #1,435 of 2,379 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Chinese
Sabetha, KS
“Average to above average chinese food”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I'm vising from out of town and I've eaten here twice in about a week.

Trip #1 (Dinner w/ coworker): Ordered sesame chicken, crab rangoon, and hot & sour soup. Coworker ordered cashew chicken and shared the crab rangoon w/ me. I liked my food and coworker liked his food.

Trip #2 (Dinner by myself): Ordered sesame chicken, and egg rolls. Food was good just like the prior trip.

The difference between the two trips is the service. Trip #1 our water glasses almost never got below half. Trip #2 My glass didn't get refilled until I was almost done eating.

Two things I can't really stand about Chinese restaurants:

1) They always seem to have handwritten signs everywhere. This place only has them right at the front door, but they aren't very readable

2) There always seems to have a booth or table near the cashier counter with junk on it. At this restaurant against the wall there are takeout boxes and a bunch of other stuff there. They really should have an organized workstation or just put that stuff in the back.

I probably won't make it back again on this trip, but I'll probably stop here again when I come back to Indy.

For price consideration: Sesame chicken $9.50 w/ steamed rice.

• Visited February 2014

Indianapolis, IN
“Best Hot & Sour Soup in Indy! ”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We have been here for >15 years & their other locations when they were near & open. By far the best Hot & Sour Soup in city. My wife & I just ate a large bowl & are taking another home for later in the week. Vegetarian egg role was awesome per my wife. She says "I loved the pot stickers - just the right mix of spicy & doughy." I enjoy their beef sticks appetizer - no longer bring them on their own mini grill for you to cook but slightly sweet teriyaki flavor makes it distinctive. Lobster mandarin very good. Not cheap but excellent food. Family run, "nothing fancy decor" but it's the food we come for.

2 Thank d828
Columbus, Ohio
“Not so good.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Food was so-so to poor and pricey to boot! My daughter said we should pass and I should have listened to her.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank 4SFED4
Albuquerque NM
“Standard Chinese”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Upgraded interior, standard Chinese food, bland, nothing out of ordinary, prices a little steep, next time will looked for something more interesting.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank VacationLover2_8
Rochester, Indiana
“Empress chicken was AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This Chinese restaurant is kind of dingy looking and the workers are a little bored with serving us, but that should not prevent you from going. There are many dishes I have never seen before but the quality is top-notch. Great food and no waiting for plenty of food at an excellent value.

• Visited May 2013