“Worst indian food ever”

Cuisines: Indian
Fishers, Indiana
“Worst indian food ever”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I feel that the food thye serve is fully customized to americans, if you are a indian food lover then please dont go , I ordered Chicken Tikka & Lamb Biriyani , both turn out to be the nightmare. I think the chef does not know the meaning of Biriyani. They serverd fried rice with some small pieces of boiled mutton.

Chickne tikka was old, big big pieces & only had color in it , no taste.

I had stomach pain after eating the food & I sincerely advice , if you are a Indian then dont try the food there.

• Visited March 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, Service needs improvement”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Had to children's museum, but stopped by for buffet. Service was not so good as we expected else where.

• Visited September 2012
Charlotte, NC
“Solid Take out”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

While standing in line next door at the Morroccan place, I couldn't find anything I liked, so I ran next door to Shalimar and asked them how fast they could make me a chicken Korma. In less than 10 minutes, I was back at the Morroccan place enjoying my Korma, somosas and naan while trying to fend off my family who wanted me to share because the Morroccan place was terrible.

The Korma was good. They used dark meat chicken and I prefer white meat. The flavor was good. The somosas were very good. The naan very good also. While I only tried some very standard Indian fare, I will definitely go back and try some other dishes. The service was good - I was really trying to rush them and they were very nice.

San Diego, California
“Very satisfied”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant has great food and friendly people working it. Will definitely return regularly. They do takeout as well which I love. The lamb dishes are favorite.

• Visited November 2012
INDIANAPOLIS, IN
“Great Buffet”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Buffets can often be a lot of food, none of it very good. Not the case here. The Shalimar lunch buffet is tasty food with a good variety of things to try. The Tikka Masala with a side of raita is my personal favorite, although on this last visit they also offered lamb meatballs, chicken curry, and vegetarian entrees as well. The price is very reasonable and the servers are attentive.

• Visited May 2012