“Delicious!”

Shalimar Indian Restaurant
Ranked #576 of 2,406 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I went to Shalimar for dinner. It's small and cozy, but the servers were friendly and attentive and the food was amazing! I can't wait to go back. The only complaint I have is that I ate too much :)

Reviewed July 2, 2011

The best Indiana lunch buffet in Indy. Great selection with meats and veggie items. Naan and desserts also good. Service was on par for a buffet. They take away your plates and fill your drinks. They did a pretty good job for only 2 servers for the whole place. Lunch buffet was 7.99. Pretty good deal in my opinion. Only ala carte for dinner. Portions a little small but tasty.

1  Thank BabyHawkey
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Mediocre Indian food and TERRIBLE service. I won't be going back!

Reviewed March 18, 2011

We travel frequently across the country and eat at many fine restaurants. The food at Shalimar is excellent in every way possible. Great service, food, value, atmosphere. The flavor and taste was awesome. I don't write many reviews but felt compelled to tell everyone to visit and enjoy.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

After four visits over a few years, it's become clear that India Garden is better in terms of food quality and service.

I'm not read up enough on Indian cuisine to do an in-depth critique, but I've found the general flavors offered in the standard dishes to be not as pleasing as other Indian restaurants. I've had worse, but there are enough other options around Indy to not really bother coming back.

The last time we were there they also nicely swapped the credit cards with another patron which made for a great next day.