“I eat there often. Family ran great Chinese food.”

Yen Ching Restaurant
Ranked #1,053 of 2,363 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Chinese
Indianapolis, Indiana
“I eat there often. Family ran great Chinese food.”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Not much for looks and at a strip mall. But suprisingly, You will find the best ever Chinese food anywhere (no kidding)! The hot and sour soup is the best I have ever tasted. It takes someone who is "looking for a hidden gem" to appreciate this genuine delight. All at very reasonable prices. Expect to be surprised and pleased.

“Good value”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

True about rude waitress. Same thing happened to me when she asked what I wanted I asked for a menu she pointed to a 3x5 card in a plastic stand that had adult beverage choices. Small food selection on back side, how would you know?
Food good atmosphere more like a hurry up and eat feeling.

• Visited October 2013
“Sucks”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Went in the door, was told to sit in a booth. From then on..... IT SUCKED. Within 15 secs of sitting down a very rude server arrived asking if we were ready yet. I asked for a menu and I am told to look at the 3X5 card on the table. It is slammed down in front of me and I'm told to read it. She then dumps water into 2 glasses and walks away. Comes back and says are you ready yet. We order, and she acts upset because we didnt want some rice. Nothing but attitude, an being rude. Food didn't even taste good. Never even ask for a drink order. Then comes back 5 mins later and puts down check and fortune cookie.

• Visited May 2013
Zionsville
“Consistent for over 20 years!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have dined here for over20 yrs. and the menu has never changed and for good reason. I love their hot and sour soup and pot stickers to begin with. The soup has a healthy amount of black pepper and always seem fresh. For entrees I recommend the kung pao chicken, sizzlingbeef and black and white shrimp. The chrispy Chicken is another fun dish. The prices are very reasonable and James the owner is always there to provide a smile and good service.

• Visited March 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Forget buffets - sit and eat”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Great chinese food. Appetizer are delish. Egg rolls have beef - yum and the rangoons are the best. Love house beef, mongolian beef, sizzling rice soup, cashew chicken, goba shrimp - aw heck try it - it's probably good.