“Nice, but no red plastic pf chang kids chop sticks?”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #90 of 2,363 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Granger, Indiana
“Nice, but no red plastic pf chang kids chop sticks?”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We showed up on a busy night and were seated in 15 minutes..

Standard pf changes, slightly tighter space, but food was same as other locations..

The didn't have the red plastic chop sticks for kids, which makes it easier for the little ones..?

But other than that, good downtown location, close to hotels..

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Noisy, tightly packed disappointing”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were here for my son's homeschool prom and had some time to kill. We arrived about 7:00 pm and were seated about 15 minutes later. The restaurant is attached to an enclosed mall so is convenient to get to. The walking flow is very tight as we had to walk through a busy narrow pathway to get to the restrooms from our table. They really packed the tables in there. It was very noisy as loud generic music was playing and it seemed everyone was talking extra loud to be able to be heard above it.

I had never been to PF Chang's before but have heard friends mention it. Our entrees were about $11-13. The food seemed somewhat bland, kind of like what you'd find in the freezer aisle at your grocery store. Thankfully (?) the portions were small so we didn't have to take any home. We were still hungry so we found some other food at the mall later. My wife and I joked that the strip mall chinese joint near our house server better, cheaper and larger portions. We won't be coming back.

Indinapolis
“DO NOT EAT HERE unless you like short, dark, curly hairs in your food.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I found a hair in my food. My waiter told the manager, and the manager didn't even bother to come over and try to convince me that it's unusual. So the waiter just said "sorry about that, have a nice day". Finding a hair is not the end of the world - it happens (although the short, dark, curly appearance off this hair was worrying) - but the big issue is that it is quite clear the manager doesn't consider it a big deal.

Once when I worked in a restaurant, one of my hairs - from my head - found it's way into someone's food. I got in a lot of trouble. The customer was made aware - BY THE OWNER - that it was a very big deal and that I would be making SURE it didn't happen again.

Here is what should happen in that situation: the highest ranking member of staff on duty should come over to the table ASAP and apologize profusely, and inquire as to what might be done to make amends, and not let the customer leave until the customer is completely convinced that it's an unusual occurrence, and that steps will be taken to make sure it doesn't happen again. (It wasn't even busy; half the tables were empty)

I would have been fine with just leaving it at that, but now I feel I have a duty to warn people.

Do not eat here!

Visited March 2013
“Get there early or have a reservation”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

When we ate at P.F. Changs for dinner one night of a recent trip we got there at like 5 and there was already an hour wait for a table. The food is very good, I really like the spring rolls appetizers. This is a great spot to go for dinner or even a romantic evening out if you can get a table. I will be returning on my next trip to Indy.

Bluffton, Indiana
“Banana Spring Rolls dessert topped off an already wonderful lunch!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

While attending a convention in downtown Indianapolis, my wife and I decided to have lunch at PF Chang's. So thankful we did. My King Pao Scallops with fried rice was served hot and portions exceeded my expectations. My wife ordered Ginger Chicken with Broccoli and fried rice, and she, too, enjoyed every bite. But just when we thought it couldn't get any better, we shared the Banana Spring Rolls dessert--awesome! Included were 6 sections of banana spring roll wrappings with a generous serving of coconut pineapple ice cream drizzled with caramel and garnished with red raspberries, blackberries, and mint leaves. A beautiful presentation. The server was pleasant but service was a disappointment. For example, she failed to refill water glasses and brought the bill without asking if we wanted dessert. We look forward to returning to PF Chang's on our next visit to downtown Indy.