“Great quality, an Indy institution”

Shapiro's Delicatessen
Ranked #9 of 2,418 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Go here for lunch, and order the pastrami or corned beef sandwich on the house rye. Great stuff. Lots of sides and desserts. Nice, fast service, very typical of a large deli environment. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Although not cheap the food here is right up there with the best delis in NY. We have some good highly rated delis in Ann Arbor but they pale in comparison to Shapiro's.

1  Thank tml-michigan
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The best ever. The potato pancake was an awesome surprise. Wish I lived closer. I would make eating at shapiros a habit.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Looked up this spot on Trip Advisor while driving through Indianapolis on our way to Kentucky and Tennessee. Perfect lunch spot with good, quick food and a busy atmosphere to stretch our legs. It was easy to get to from southbound 465/74 and easy parking. When I asked about their best dessert (so many to choose from!) one employee gave me a yummy rugelach sample and then lead me to their amazing lemon meringue pie, so kind! My husband's corned beef sandwich was better than my roast beef but we loved the potato salad.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have dined there many times on our trips to Indianapolis and the food is always excellent. They also have rhubarb pie that is awesome. Every time that we come through I take a pie back home with me so that I can have some later; they freeze it ahead of time for me so that it travels well. Everything that they serve is excellent and made from scratch. Their entire staff is very friendly and they definitely know how to take care of their customers.

1  Thank IA_Catwoman