“C'mon man!”

Shapiro's Delicatessen
Ranked #18 of 2,453 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stuck on a layover at work about 1/2 mile away and this seemed to be the best bet for food from the hotel. I should have turned around when I saw the menu and the $13 price for a sandwich but it was worth it to try this place once. I won't be back. If you have been to numerous family sandwich establishments throughout the country, I know you will find this place to be overpriced and poor in quality. This peppered corned beef/pastrami meat was barely worth half the price, the rye bread was hard with the crust being nearly inedible and the service was cold. My order was with cheese and it was left out, possibly my fault if they didn't hear me, but still, I can't remember the last time someone made me a sandwich without cheese. I was there during the middle of the week between normal lunch and dinner hours, which means the place was dead. I left with a small $13 sandwich and felt duped. I figure the high prices have to do with their proximity to the NFL colts stadium. Fool me once, shame on you. It won't be twice.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

About 6 or 7 years ago while visiting Indy, my wife asked a local for a suggestion for a place to grab a sandwich for lunch. We walked about a mile to Shapiro's and usual visit at least once a year.

Today was different as we stayed on the Northeast part of Metro Detroit and decided to make a drive back downtown specifically to try their breakfast and get some carry out to take home.

We arrived about 10 am on a Sunday and the timing was perfect. Not busy at all.

Made to order breakfast which we enjoyed before leaving with a corned beef sandwich and piece of chocolate cream pie to split later for dinner when we returned to Fort Wayne.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Food was delicious, but the portions were a little too big for me. Definitely wish I had split a sandwich! We ordered a pastrami on rye with swiss cheese and a turkey on sourdough with I believe cheddar. The pastrami beat the turkey, but both were delicious! Worth a visit

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Every time I visit Indianapolis I make it a point to visit Shapiro’s Delicatessen for lunch. The pastrami with Swiss cheese on rye is hard to beat. And if you don’t want a sandwich, Shapiro’s serves a lot of comfort food. Do not go to Shapiro’s at noon; you will find yourself standing in a long line. The best time to visit Shapiro’s for lunch is 11:00 AM or 1:30 PM. I’ve been to Shapiro’s at least five times, and every visit has been a pleasing dining experience. Try it, you’ll like it!

2  Thank CJTravelerTexas
Reviewed August 4, 2012

way too much to eat at one time. If you leave hungry it should would be your choice, Very nice set up and service. Go prepared to go with all your appitite or a doggy bag. Well worth the money,

1  Thank JUSTLISSA1