“Authentic Greek Cuisine”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: McCarty
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We are by no means experts in Greek cuisine. Friends of ours treated us at Greek Islands on a Friday night after an art show. All of our entrees plus the sides were superb. The baklava was outstanding. The belly dancing was an added benefit. The place is crowded and full of local color. Big George moves about the dining area making everyone feel welcome. We shall return.

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

One of our all time top 10 places to eat. This is a fun family friendly atmosphere where you are typically greeted by George more like an old friend than a customer. On Friday and weekends be sure and make a reservation or be prepared to wait.

This is not a fancy upscale snob nose place. Come as you are as everyone is welcome. Casual dress is in ! Can't miss famous Blue building.

There's alot of great Greek Food in Indianapolis but for my taste this is the best. It's all fantastic. Best chicken kabobs ever. If you like hummus be sure to take a fresh batch home with you. Best Talopia in town. Plater meals offer a great variety of Greek favorites. Several great deserts round off your evening.

Always great service. Delicious food and Elos wine. Opa ! My mouth is watering for our next return visit.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I like trying out resturants we haven't tried occasionally. After reading the reviews here we decided to check this place. We walked in on a saturday evening. about 6:30 without reservations and found a packed resturant. We really didn't think they would be able to get us seated without a extensive wait, although they were able to find us a place after 10 minutes. We found our server to be very knowledgeable and helpful. Considering that the place was packed we received our food quicker than expected. The quality of the food and portion size was great! Also we tried a new dessert not on their menu it was a gelato ball half chocolate and half vanilla covered. with a hard chocolate shell that was fantastic! At the end of the meal both my wife and I were impressed with the quality of the food and service given how busy they were which is the mark of a excellent place. We have added this to our list of favorites!

Now the only slightly negative thing was the noise level which was due to the resturant being completely packed. .

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Good food, good service... a very nice value. I usually do not like spicy Greek food but this is an exceptional place. I like the lamb and baklava. Ump pa!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Away from the downtown traffic, I had two picky eaters with me and we all cleaned our plates, we will be eating here next time we are in town.