“Sit back, relax and enjoy great customer service”

Greek Islands Restaurant INC
Ranked #57 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: McCarty
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was about 26 years old when I first remember going to this restaurant. I am now 40 years old and still remembered the great experience I had there. We revisited Indy today and I made a point to eat here again. It doesn't seem to have a changed thankfully. The staff was great and made us feel relaxed and welcomed. The food is good, I wouldn't say it is the best, but it is really good. This is someplace that I will be happy to return to whenever I am close enough to Indy.

There are newer reviews for Greek Islands Restaurant INC

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After reading so many positive reviews, I didn't find that the restaurant met my expectations. It depends on what you order, I suppose. We really enjoyed the popular flaming cheese appetizer. One diner had a very nice fish dish. But those of us choosing the multiple selection or the pasta dishes found the food to be very average, and in some cases too salty to eat. The ambiance of the restaurant is very casual, which we found appealing. However, we were all taken aback when the music was turned up and a belly-dancer began circulating around the tables. We were really just looking for a place for a casual family meal and it made us feel uncomfortable when the dancer began undulating and shaking next to my two teenaged sons. She seemed like a very talented person, but it made our dining experience a bit strange.

1  Thank erhof
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The selection is marvelous, or if you can't choose get the "tour of the islands" which includes 3 Greek dishes. The staff is very nice, food is delicious. Atmosphere and neighborhood are non-descript. I didn't have a dessert, but they looked great!

1  Thank tnjeannia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Greek Islands offers a standard Greek menu of average quality.
The service is quick and the surroundings are pleasant but not remarkable.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

In a city that is loaded with fast food and chain restaurants, it's refreshing to see a small family owned authentic place like this one. The food was good and so are the prices.