“Delicious icecream!”

Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Columbia
“Delicious icecream!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I are chocaholics so we were excited to see a place called "Chocolate Cafe" near our hotel. We were not disappointed. We both had some of the most delicious ice cream we've ever had!

Visited August 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Ice Cream- what more can you want?!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Great little ice cream spot in downtown, found thanks to Yelp (thanks, Yelpers!).

I was in Indy with my debate team (there for Nationals) and one evening we had some time to kill. After a quick Yelp search, I found the South Bend Chocolate Company was right up the road from our hotel, so the children and I hoofed it over for some ice cream.

Not only was the staff completely gracious and patient in dealing with my gaggle of idio--- er, 17 year old boys, but they were downright friendly to boot. Prices were beyond fair and the ice cream was GOOD! I got "The Gipper" but with whatever their super chocolatey chocolate ice cream was. Holy crap, that was good! I couldn't even finish the whole thing, but I wish I could have.

We ate our ice cream on the steps of the monument across the road as the sun set. It was beautiful to watch the buildings light up as we sat there. All around, a great evening!

• Visited June 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Amazing Ice cream...great treats”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We went to the South Bend Chocolate Cafe in Downtown Indianapolis. There were so many Ice cream flavors to choose from. You can sample any flavor. They also have a HUGE selection of homemade chocolates and candies! We had the cookies and cream ice cream and tried a "Four Horseman" which is a cross between a sundae and a banana split that you can choose 4 types of ice cream for your scoops! So good, too good.

• Visited June 2012
South Dakota
“Great way to end the night!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Fun little chocolate shop with awesome chocolate, coffees and hard ice cream. We stopped in for dessert and had some great treats!

Visited April 2012
State College, Pennsylvania
“Chocolate, ice cream, and coffee- what more could you want?”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Great selection of chocolate in the front of the store- try the dark chocolate peanut butter meltaways and the hoosiers (chocolate covered peanut butter-peanuts). They also have sea turtles- turtle candy with sea salt- such a cute idea and so tasty! The prices are listed per pound, but you CAN just get one or two- very much worth it. In the back of the store they have coffee and ice cream- the ice cream was so rich and delicious- and if you're being indecisive, they'll let you taste a few of them before you buy! Be forewarned though, the cones are a LOT of ice cream, so keep that in mind when ordering. We didn't try the coffee, but heard from quite a few people that it was delicious.

Also note if you're flying through the Indy airport there IS a South Bend Chocolate Company there...but it's a little pricier than the downtown location and has a bit less selection. (but they still do have the coffee- remember that before you grab a coffee from the familiar place at the airport)

• Visited March 2012