“Chicken Salad on delicious croissants ”

Illinois Street Food Emporium
Ranked #9 of 26 Bakeries in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

I️ was in the area, picking up some I️ce cream next door, and had never noticed the emporium next door. I thought I’d give the emporium a try, to see if they had a sandwich for lunch.
I️ asked their advice and said their chicken salad and croissants were really good. They are right. Buttered croissants with chicken salad with oranges! My wife and I️ were really happy with our venture over for a bite to eat.
We got it to go, and we will definitely be back!

Reviewed October 25, 2017

I had the opportunity to take my daughter to lunch this week and wanted to choose a fun, friendly place. We always have always enjoyed Illinois St and this was no exception. It was a beautiful day and we were able to get a nice table outside. Then we ordered. I got the special of grilled ham and colby with the vegetable soup. My daughter ordered a turkey and basil. The food was excellent, fresh and tasty. I enjoy going to neighborhood, family owned restaurants. Nothing against Starbux and other frachises but it seems nice to patronize local people here in my home town. For those looking for a a cute place to get a delicious lunch, try Illinois Street.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

I meet my sisters there nearly every morning for coffee and tea. They also have delicious baked goods. Vivian runs a great place with the help of Frank, Jennifer, and Zach.

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

Siri directed me to this local coffee shop, but it is much more than that. The day's special was a delicious frittata w/ fresh bread and fruit. Add a cup of smooth house coffee and the total was under $11. I followed staff's advice of the best cookie for my teen daughter who has a nut allergy. She was very impressed w/ the molasses cookie! It was a pleasant atmosphere inside and at the outside café tables were happy customers with well behaved dogs. This was the 1st of many visits to come:)

Reviewed May 24, 2017

About 5.5 miles north of downtown, this neighborhood café is a good place for breakfast or lunch. There is an ample selection of sandwich and specials: order at the counter, pick up your beverage and the food will be brought promptly to your table. My colleague had a egg salad sandwich, I had the quiche with fruit cup. Quickly prepard, tasty, and ample portions: just right for a business lunch.