“Best fish in indy”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Washington
Cross street: 96th & Meridian
Transit: Nearby Indianapolis bus top is available.
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

We have eaten at just about all seafood places in Indy and always return here for the best combination of price and freshness and preparation. They have been and will continue to be an establishment in the Indy scene as long as the same attention is given to the quality of the food being served. The drink are great as well!!

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed August 21, 2016

This may have been my third or forth visit to Kona Jacks Fish Market and Sushi Bar as it appears on each visit to the Indianapolis area I have my family take me there. This trip was no exception except the food was better!! That is hard to admit to a restaurant that you have visited in the past!
On this visit I had started with a dozen Oysters on the half shell and had a great entrée of the house’s special Pasta. I ordered a Key Lime Pie with 6 forks for our desert!
All were great and the service was top notch.
The only negative is that over the past few years I have found the prices rising faster than the inflation rate found in America!
All-in-all if you love sea food and Sushi Kona Jack’s is a must for dinner.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

Had a great blackened grouper sandwich and the steak fries were dusted with a great salty spice that wason point. There was also an accompanying spread for the sandwich that was phenomenal. Ask for another serving of it!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 26, 2016

The Kona restaurants seem to attract the older age group - particularly evenings and weekends. During the weekdays, its a business crowd. This time we went on a Friday evening and I felt very young with the average age looking to be close to 70. The decor in Kona Jack is much younger and updated than Daddy Jacks and Apre Jack. Our group had shrimp, mussels and sushi. Everything was good. Service was friendly. I can't say that anything really wowed us, but it is a preferred option over chain restaurants. Favorites were the new potatoes and the Edamame. It appeared to be a regular crowd because many of the diners coming in would greet each other like it was a routine visit.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed Kona's. We started with the calamari, which was delicious. I've never had calamari in meaty straps! The coating was light and the sauce was a really good compliment to the dish. My husband ordered the fish and chips- can't go wrong there! A huge helping and they reheated nicely in the oven the next day. I had the grouper. It was seasoned with a parmesean crust which was really good. The entrees are also served with hot dinner bread.... I was in love! Everything was great and the service was fast and attentive. I couldn't have asked for more!

Date of visit: July 2016