“Great grouper”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Washington
Cross street: 96th & Meridian
Transit: Nearby Indianapolis bus top is available.
Reviewed August 2, 2016 via mobile

Had a great blackened grouper sandwich and the steak fries were dusted with a great salty spice that wason point. There was also an accompanying spread for the sandwich that was phenomenal. Ask for another serving of it!

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed July 26, 2016

The Kona restaurants seem to attract the older age group - particularly evenings and weekends. During the weekdays, its a business crowd. This time we went on a Friday evening and I felt very young with the average age looking to be close to 70. The decor in Kona Jack is much younger and updated than Daddy Jacks and Apre Jack. Our group had shrimp, mussels and sushi. Everything was good. Service was friendly. I can't say that anything really wowed us, but it is a preferred option over chain restaurants. Favorites were the new potatoes and the Edamame. It appeared to be a regular crowd because many of the diners coming in would greet each other like it was a routine visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed Kona's. We started with the calamari, which was delicious. I've never had calamari in meaty straps! The coating was light and the sauce was a really good compliment to the dish. My husband ordered the fish and chips- can't go wrong there! A huge helping and they reheated nicely in the oven the next day. I had the grouper. It was seasoned with a parmesean crust which was really good. The entrees are also served with hot dinner bread.... I was in love! Everything was great and the service was fast and attentive. I couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

I'm a bit biased to Kona's because I really like everything about the place. But the calamari is delicous! Not the cheap coated rings, but meaty strip calamari...Yummie!
The fish market is fabulous as well.

Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

Had dinner here with 5 of my family members on a Tuesday night.

Bottles of wine $32 and under were all $19.99

Sushi was very good. We had one with Tempura shrimp.

Two had clam chowder which they said was good. One had the seafood gumbo which he also said was good

2 of our party had the Ahi tuna and said it was very good. I shared the catfish dinner with my sister. Very large portion. Catfish was hand breaded,good but breading was a little salty. Roasted potatoes were excellent.
Husband does not like fish. He got chicken tenders which he said were not good. They looked like frozen tenders you could buy at the grocery

Date of visit: June 2016