“Nice dinner”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Washington
Cross street: 96th & Meridian
Transit: Nearby Indianapolis bus top is available.
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

Had dinner here with 5 of my family members on a Tuesday night.

Bottles of wine $32 and under were all $19.99

Sushi was very good. We had one with Tempura shrimp.

Two had clam chowder which they said was good. One had the seafood gumbo which he also said was good

2 of our party had the Ahi tuna and said it was very good. I shared the catfish dinner with my sister. Very large portion. Catfish was hand breaded,good but breading was a little salty. Roasted potatoes were excellent.
Husband does not like fish. He got chicken tenders which he said were not good. They looked like frozen tenders you could buy at the grocery

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed June 8, 2016 via mobile

As a solo woman traveling for work, I like the food and the ambience. I have always only sat at the bar. I've had the sushi seafood plates . I love both. The martinis are strong but well made. I look forward to coming here every time I visit Carmel.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 2, 2016

Food was enjoyable, try the crab nachos, they were excellent. Had the fish and it was great. Service was excellent and our waiter Daryl or Darren, sorry can't remember which it was, was awesome. Will go back any time I am in Indianapolis.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 4, 2016

This is not the first time I have eaten at Kona Jacks, but because I no longer live in Indy, i only come occasionally. In general, the decor has started to feel tired. Think its time to spend some money and renovate if they want to compete with all the new hip restaurants in Indy.
The service was fantastic! I had ordered a Mojito and the server let me know they didn't us fresh mint. I appreciated this info and changed my drink order. The bread arrived overheated and stale. It was promptly replaced.

My friend and I both had the trout special which we were underwhelmed with. The fish was slightly mushy....like when I forget to press a paper towel to absorb the excess moisture before I cook my fish at home. This is inexcusable in a place that specializes in seafood. If it wasn't for this, I would probably have said it was pretty good because taste wise, it was. My couscous, while colorful with the addition of veggies, was bland while the green beans were oversalted.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 24, 2016

We ate here 2 nights in a row. Only had the seafood (of course, although meat is available). Sushi was excellent, Mahi, Ono, and Walleye are also superb. Service was good. Atmosphere with the multiple aquaria is a pleasant relief to multiple TVs.

Date of visit: April 2016