“Now that is some serious food”

Santorini Greek Kitchen
Ranked #38 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laurel St
Transit: We have an Indy Go bus stop located at Laurel St and Prospect St.
Description: We are a family owned and operated authentic Greek restaurant. Specialties of the house include lamb, fresh fish, chicken, pastitsio, moussaka and many other Greek classics. Award winning, since opening over 10 years ago, SGK has a reputation of serving great food, in a pleasant, festive environment for reasonable prices. Chef owner, Taki Sawi is naturally talented when it comes to preparing and serving food, while co owner (and wife) Jeanette has a natural propensity for taking care of people... We have found this to be a unique combination! Located in historic Fountain Square, just minutes from downtown Indianapolis. We invite you to come and enjoy all we have to offer. See if you can taste the love we put into everything we serve. It's a great place to enjoy food, family and friends! Welcome from Taki and Jeanette
Reviewed June 10, 2014

In town for one night, and I certainly made the right decision for food. Couldn't decide between the pastitsio and moussaka, and then I saw the Chef's Special Combination. I may never be here again, so why not? 12 different things including the salad and bread they brought out first. I couldn't do take away b/c of my traveling circumstances, so I took the whole thing down. It was amazing, and right up there with Thanksgiving in terms of most I've ever eaten in one sitting. Greek potatoes, gyro meat mixed with the sauce and rice, and pastitsio were my favorites but it was a fantastic dish. I would definitely go back and split the same thing with a family of 4 (see picture). I'm so glad I got to try all of the different things but it took quite a bit of walking around downtown for me to feel ok about what I had just done to myself! Best Greek food I've had outside of (possibly including) Greece.

There are newer reviews for Santorini Greek Kitchen

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Perhaps our standards for Greek food are too high, as we search out this cuisine wherever we travel. All in all, the quality of the food was just average. The saganaki was unremarkable, although the presentation was nice. The cheese was too hard, despite it being just cooked. My fried foods tasted like the oil was starting to go bad, as did the extremely over - salted french fries. The tomato fritters showed promise, but were too greasy. The dolmades, stuffed grape leaves, had a very good filling, and were definitely made in-house, but they were totally ruined by an extremely salty avgolemono sauce. Good, friendly service.

2  Thank Dave D
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We like to find where the locals go, we found the restaurant to be everything the reviews said it was. Great food, great staff with helpful suggestions. Will go back for sure.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We ate here based on Trip Advisor recommendations. The food is very very good; no surprises good or bad. The restaurant is a teeny bit tired and worn, but in a good way. Like your favorite pair of shoes.

We went on a Saturday night and it was packed. Yet they took our reservation and we got a table no problem.

Now here are the remarkable things about my visit: this place has arguably the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. Not phony nice- genuine nice. Everybody, the hostess, the bartender, the wait staff. And as crowded as this place was on Saturday night, the bathroom was spotless.

So join the rest of us that raved about Santorini and see for yourself.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

O M G!!!!! I'm from Chicago so it's very hard to beat any kind of ethnic food outside of there but one thing you have to try is the desert! It was PHENOMENAL!! If I ever get back there that is what I will have again. it's custard on filo and make sure you have it warmed, it's heavenly! I had the standard Greek chicken dinner with a salad and it was pretty good. We got the Saganaki which was excellent with the warm pita as an appetizer. Great atmosphere and wonderful service! A bit pricey but every now and then you need to treat yourself! :) Would go back and would recommend if you are travelling through the area.