“My favorite Indy restaurant”

Santorini Greek Kitchen
Ranked #38 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laurel St
Transit: We have an Indy Go bus stop located at Laurel St and Prospect St.
Description: We are a family owned and operated authentic Greek restaurant. Specialties of the house include lamb, fresh fish, chicken, pastitsio, moussaka and many other Greek classics. Award winning, since opening over 10 years ago, SGK has a reputation of serving great food, in a pleasant, festive environment for reasonable prices. Chef owner, Taki Sawi is naturally talented when it comes to preparing and serving food, while co owner (and wife) Jeanette has a natural propensity for taking care of people... We have found this to be a unique combination! Located in historic Fountain Square, just minutes from downtown Indianapolis. We invite you to come and enjoy all we have to offer. See if you can taste the love we put into everything we serve. It's a great place to enjoy food, family and friends! Welcome from Taki and Jeanette
Reviewed September 26, 2013

When I walk in the door, I feel so welcome and "at home" there. The staff is great! Waiters are very knowledgeable and can answer any Greek menu questions you have. I start every meal a soothing hot cup of soup (egg/lemon/pasta and the mushroom are my favorites) The lemony potatoes melt on your tongue, the rice pilaf is full of flavor, but mild. The eggplant is crisp on the outside, well-flavored. Sometimes I get a greek salad with the gyro meat on top. WONDERFUL! The pita bread is warm and buttery. One thing I really appreciate is the way they will work with your tastes. For instance, if you don't like olives or bell peppers or mushrooms etc just let them know and it will not be served in your dish. No need to push aside. The half chicken is TDF. The kabobs are cooked with many veggies with that good chargrilled carmelization. It's all good. I wish I lived closer and could go more often.

There are newer reviews for Santorini Greek Kitchen

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Family of five decided to drive 35 min to try this restaurant for very late Saturday lunch (2:30 pm) because of TA reviews. We had the falafel, lamb/beef gyro, and fish kebab platters (with salad, potatoes, green beans, rice). Everyone was thrilled with the great quality and quantity of food, and no one needed to eat dinner later on! Appreciated the constant refills of water and iced tea by friendly, non-obtrusive server. The interior is clean and the blue/white theme with wall mural are a nice change from typical chain-restaurant earthtone decor. Will definitely return to try other items on the expansive menu.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a wonderful lunch here! The restaurant has a beautiful interior, designed to make you feel you are in Greece. Service was very good. The food was delicious! In particular, the baklava was excellent! Baklava can be overly sweet, but in this case it was not. Raspberry and chocolate swirls on the plate complemented it nicely. One of the best I've had!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had the lamb souvlaki and the mezadaki plate for the meal with my wife. Of course, we couldn't finish it all, but it wasn't for the lack of trying! The beans, potatoes, mushrooms, and other vegetables work so well with the tender lamb. IF you have room, try the galactibouriko. Actually, order it even if you don't have room, you'll love it!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great restaurant. The ambiance is laid back, the food tastes as though it was just made by your auntie from the home country. I had my favorite Moussaka, which was delicious, but looking around all other plates looked delish. Service was very pleasant, attentive and friendly. We will be back!