“Above average sports bar, but”

Champps Restaurant & Bar - Downtown Indianapolis
Ranked #230 of 2,346 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Above average sports bar, but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

make sure the managers know how to use the remotes to control the tv monitors! Great variety and pricing and awesome beer, liquor, wine selection.

Visited July 2014

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great Service and Good Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I ate lunch here. Since it was very crowded inside due to the World Cup being on TV, I sat outside. The service was excellent. My server was helpful in helping me pick my lunch and was attentive to my table throughout my visit. I ordered the soft tacos (650 calories). This was a unique dish as it had a hint of lime in the tacos. I liked my food and thought the service was outstanding. I will most definitely be giving Champps another try the next time I see one!

Visited June 2014
Bristol, UK
“Cloaking Device”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I've had some good meals and enjoyable drinks in Champps before but tis time I found myself in a wretched cloaking device - invisible, ignored, no service. Hopefully they will improve. I tried to attract the attention of the bar tender so I could order some food but she didn't seam overly interested in the Customers.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank mattJG
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good place for a business drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Was staying at the Marriott on business for a conference. Had many a business drink here over the course of the week. They also hosted an event for us and did a great job. Appetizers were good and generous as well. Nice outside area to sit and enjoy as well.

London, United Kingdom
“Proof that not all American food makes you obese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I'll keep these reviews brief as I visited a lot of restaurants in Indianapolis and Champps Restaurant & Bar was the first. A wide menu and some excellent beers too. I chose Triton Dead Eye stout on one visit and a glass of Cabernet on the other visit. Why was it good? First, good service that was fast and reliable. Second, a wide variety of choice and quality food. I opted for fish on both occasions and wasn't disappointed. Good value for money too. There's also a Champps on Indianapolis airport and I understand it's a chain operation. Solid, reliable, inviting, comfortable.

Visited May 2014