“Great place for family breakfast”
Review of Cafe Patachou

Cafe Patachou
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Long described as "a student union for adults," Cafe Patachou(R) is an award-winning Cafe. Customers can expect a world class breakfast and lunch experience that includes dishes prepared with premium ingredients from scratch and to-order, a commitment to sourcing local and often organic products, refreshingly personal yet professional service by a well trained team and Cafe environments that are vibrant and alive. Bound by these principles since opening in 1989, Cafe Patachou(R) has garnered local, regional and national accolades, including having been named one of the "Top Ten Places for Breakfast in the Country" by Bon Appetit Magazine. There are now five Cafe Patachou(R) locations serving customer favorites such as made-to-order omelettes made with Indiana farm-fresh eggs, salads, soups, sandwiches and desserts, spreading the love to Indianapolis residents and visitors alike.
Windermere, Florida
“Great place for family breakfast”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Cafe Patachou is ideal to go out with young children who are at their best in the morning.
The breakfast menu with emphasis on crepes is well prepared and the specials omelette was light and rich in healthy choices.
Good coffees and very good service rounds out the experience.

Visited March 2014

San Francisco Bay Area
“Hearty and tasty!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

During a conference in Indianapolis, one group I belong had its business meeting over an 8-10 am breakfast at Cafe Patachou, and after reading glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, I was looking forward to this breakfast. The restaurant had arranged for our group to meet in a separated area so we could have reports and discussions as needed, and we were able to get drip coffee from among the choices available -- besides the house blend and decaf, this day there was one called Simon and another whose name I forget. The Simon coffee was good, but I needed more kick, so I ordered a nonfat cappuccino as well, and it provided the rich bitter strength required for a real start to my day.

My three-ingredient omelet was big and perfectly made. I'd chosen Indiana bacon, spinach, and brie, and the amount of each ingredient balanced well with the other two. The fact that they use 3 eggs for the omelets means that there were plenty of eggs for wrapping around the ingredients but no so much that there were bites without filling. The eggs were also fluffy, neither runny nor dry. Quite a nice omelet. Given the choice of breads, I went for the cinnamon toast based on what others on TripAdvisor had said, and it was indeed good, a darn decent cinnamon toast, which I made sure to finish.

There was a glitch with my order: I'd ordered as the side for my omelet not the fruit but the green salad, yet a cup of fruit was on the plate with my omelet. Although some reports were being given during our meal, I caught the eye of our wait person, who immediately took care of bringing me the right side -- and wow, was it a huge salad, somewhat like the size of a large pre-dinner salad. Lightly dressed, it was a tasty and healthy side I thought appropriate since I was going to be flying home in late afternoon and wanted a healthily filling meal to see me through.

The service was excellent, attentive but not distracting throughout our meeting. The ambiance was bustling, but no one ever made us feel as if we needed to rush out even on a Saturday morning. The organizers chose a great place for us to meet -- it was worth getting out of the hotel by 7:45 am on a Saturday morning to make it there for a tasty, hearty breakfast.

• Visited March 2014
Surprise AZ
“Best breakfast downtown Indianapolis”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just downright good food at a good price. What more needs to be said. If you like breakfast with a variety of choices, then go to this restaurant. You'll love it and come bacck again and again.

Visited March 2014
Iowa City, Iowa
“Flawless”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Much better for breakfast than Shulas at our hotel. I would eat here every morning if I were in town for a convention. Two of us had egg sandwiches, other had omelet, another had pancakes. Bread on sandwich was delicious but thick and more calories than I needed so I took off one slice and ate with a knife and fork. Perfect.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“I dream of the tomato artichoke soup”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Everything I've ever had at Patachou has been exceptional: the Belgian waffles, the eggs Benedict, the chicken salad, and especially their signature soup -- tomato artichoke!

• Visited February 2014