“GREAT OMELETTE. PRICING? Well....”
Review of Cafe Patachou

Cafe Patachou
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Long described as "a student union for adults," Cafe Patachou(R) is an award-winning Cafe. Customers can expect a world class breakfast and lunch experience that includes dishes prepared with premium ingredients from scratch and to-order, a commitment to sourcing local and often organic products, refreshingly personal yet professional service by a well trained team and Cafe environments that are vibrant and alive. Bound by these principles since opening in 1989, Cafe Patachou(R) has garnered local, regional and national accolades, including having been named one of the "Top Ten Places for Breakfast in the Country" by Bon Appetit Magazine. There are now five Cafe Patachou(R) locations serving customer favorites such as made-to-order omelettes made with Indiana farm-fresh eggs, salads, soups, sandwiches and desserts, spreading the love to Indianapolis residents and visitors alike.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Had breakfast with my sister at this place this morning. Since she lives in Indianapolis, she informed me it's the trendy place "to be seen". Sounds fine with me, even though that's not my thing.

I ordered the Hippie Omelette and was very pleased with my selection. It came with a side of thick, wheat toast (which I love) and a cup of fruit. The Hippie was outstanding. I was very happy with my selection.

As for the rest of the restaurant, they require you to get up and pour your own coffee. It's a bit of an inconvenience, but it probably keeps their overhead down since people will be less inclined to chase it down cup by cup. I wasn't a fan of this policy. The service was OK, although I had to ask twice for salsa. Not a big deal.

The restaurant also has an inviting outside seating area. The clientele was a bit older, a lot of mid 40-s-50's types having breakfast. it's located on the corner at a four way stop. I was amazed by how many people blew through the stop signs, barely slowing down. Heads up when you cross the street!

As for the pricing, the Omelette was $10.95 and the coffee also had a charge. Yes, it came with toast and fruit. But I still think it's a bit pricey for Indianapolis. $8.95 plus coffee charge would have put me in a slightly better mood.

Overall, I would return because the food is delicious. It also looks like a great gathering place for friends and/or business associates.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is a Meridian-Kessler institution, and a great place for breakfast on Sunday. It has a pleasant ambience (the ugly view of the gas station across the road notwithstanding) and friendly service, the only blemish being the cost. A moderate breakfast for two adults and two kids will set you back close to 60 bucks. And while the high cost both reflects and attracts the mainly middle class clientele, everything is just a bit too expensive - relative to what you get - to make us want to vist regularly. Nearly $3 for a small glass of orange juice that would be more sensibly priced at $1.95, nearly $3 for coffee that should be closer to $2, nearly $9 for waffles that are probably worth closer to $7, and nearly $11 for omelettes that would be better priced at $9 - it all mounts up. The management got the pricing for Napolese (next door) just right, but were off target with Patachou.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a great place - as they say, The Student Union for Adults. Electic food and the omlets are to die for. Only open till 3 PM but serve breakfast all day till them. I'd recommend the omlets. I also had a portabella sandwich with advocado and bacon on their wonderful sour dough bread

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Try a broken yolk sandwich or one of their delectable omelets. Yummmmm! It's not crowded for breakfast on a weekday, but I can see that the weekends might be crazy busy for them. Coffee selection was terrific, and the cinnamon toast rocks!

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We love this restaurant! Currently there are several throughout Indy, but the one on Penn (original... Well actually the Penn loc has moved next door to the original) is our fav! There is typically a 20-30 min+ wait on the weekend. Sit at the bar if a seat opens up! The food is a little pricier for Indy, but it is well worth it The menu is original and has great spins on traditional dishes! My favs are the broken yolk sandwich, French toast, and mexican breakfast ( can't remember the name). They also offer a variety of great omlets, teas, and coffee. We now live in CT, but always make rome for at least one breakfast at Cafe Patachou! If we can't make it to the one on Penn the one at the Indy airport is always good:)