“Bad Day In B-Rip” 2 of 5 bubbles

Broad Ripple Brew Pub
Ranked #220 of 2,339 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Fishers, Indiana
“Bad Day In B-Rip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Rode our bikes to B-Rip and stopped for lunch here. Very slowwwwww service and it was not real busy. I ordered an ear of corn (which the menu says is a Food Truck Favorite). It was terrible. Cold and old. I was excited by the menu because there are vegan, vegetarian and meat selections. My husband ordered bbq chicken and said it was not bad. I know that B-Rip had their beer festival the day before and the staff may have been tired, but the customers should not have to suffer for that. We bike here a lot for lunch and we will not be returning here.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Richmond
“Good Pub Grub and Local Brew”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I met a friend here for dinner mid-week and sat outside under the awning by the sidewalk. The place is at the end of 65th street going east from College Ave next to the Monon Trail. They serve local beers and ales as well as British Pub food. I had the fish and chips and a salad. They bring your salad with fresh baked bread. We also had a soft pretzel for an appetizer and it came with local homemade mustard that I kept to use on my fish. They have other items like bangers and mash (sausages and mashed potatoes) and shepherds pie. All looked good. The local brews they serve vary from week to week and season to season from a pale summer ale to heavy darker porters. The place was busy for mid week but we had no trouble getting a seat and the service was satisfactory but may be slow if they were busy. I suspect that it is very busy on week ends. Broad Ripple is a young adult area of Indy with lots of young people with children walking the Monon. I would recommend when they are not busy as it is a small place the service may suffer if crowded.

• Visited May 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
“Something for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of my favorite restaurants in the Broadripple area. It is one of the few places where I can take my daughter (vegan), son (vegetarian) and husband (carnivore) and they can all find great food to eat. The menu is varied with a little bit of everything and everything is really tasty. Even my carnivore husband loved the veggie chips. They offer a wide variety of beer as well . The atmosphere is good and the service is always great. Great place to take friends or family.

Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Quieter Beer Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a good restaurant for a variety of reasons.

Firstly, it's not usually crammed with drunken students - they go to the main drag. Every time I've been here, it's one of those places where you hang out with someone and enjoy a beer, conversing over a hodgepodge of topics.

Secondly, their pub fare is not typical Americana; it is more of a UK inspiration. Last time we went my fiance had bangers and mash, and I enjoyed fish and chips. Solid pub food.

Thirdly, and most importantly, they have an ample selection of draft and bottled beers. They are not the craft beer paradise (go to 20 Tap), but they have always had a good variety and something any beer-drinker will enjoy.

As an added bonus: PARKING! Okay, the lot is small, but it's parking - in Broad Ripple. Yeah.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Underwhelmed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I researched the brew pubs in Indy and I thought this might be a great place to visit. I was wrong!
The pub was very busy and that probably contributed to the problems. The service was awful to begin with. We sat at a dirty table for nearly 10 minutes before anyone came to tidy up. It was another 15 minutes until our first round of brews was delivered. Another 35 minutes to get food. How long does it take to cook a burger? geez! The food was , well......burger was raw on one side and well done on the other. The waiter never came back to check how the food was. The beer was very average for a brew pub. There are other pubs nearby with better beer and food AND service.

• Visited May 2014