“Just OK”

Broad Ripple Brew Pub
Ranked #242 of 2,346 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
St. Louis
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We arrived when the place was pretty busy; there was a wait for outdoor seating. We chose to eat inside and they were about 60% full. Maybe they were understaffed for the crowd, but seemed to take a while for our server to get our order in. I thought the beer was OK, not great, but I'm probably spoiled as our city has a lot of great micro brews.
The food was the low point. I ordered the fish and chips, and substituted the sauteed vegetables for the chips. I think the main problem was either the cooking oil hadn't been cleaned recently, or just wasn't hot enough. The fish batter was not crispy, and the taste was more oil than fish.
My sauteed vegetables were 80% carrots, and a little broccoli. They were fine, just wished it wasn't almost all carrots. My wife had the nut burger, so kudos to them for offering some veggie-friendly options, and she said it was pretty good. On the down side, her veggie fries were on the soggy / greasy side. I was supposed to get cole slaw, which was left off, so I had to ask for it. I liked this as it was spiced with horseradish. Granted, not everyone will like slaw this hot, but I thought an interesting approach.

• Visited May 2014

Seymour, Indiana
“I hope the beer is better than the food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We expected to be "wowed" after reading the BRBP's menu online. I couldn't wait to try the Braunschweiger BLT. It sounded amazing! I've never seen braunschweiger offered anywhere other than my own kitchen.
We arrived around noon. There was a sign upon entering that read "Wait Here To Be Seated." So we did... for quite a while. We then wandered into two separate dining areas and never saw any staff so we just seated ourselves. The server came over in just a minute and was very friendly, explained specials, and took our drink order. We placed our order when he came back. We ordered an appetizer to share and our two sandwiches. Since our appetizer was the veggie chips, we both changed our free chip sides to an upgraded side that was an additonal fee.
We waited quite a while and then our sandwiches showed up. No sign of any appetizer. My sandwich was extremely dry, the bacon was pre-cooked and tough, and the gravy on my mashed potatoes was obviously canned.
We did not get charged for the appetizer so no big deal there. We did consider it a big deal that two sandwiches each with one side, a diet coke, and an iced tea came to $28+! We're not cheap (read my other reviews - it's nothing for two of us to drop $100+ for a quality meal) but we thought this was quite pricey!
There were several awards on display for their different brews so maybe this is a better bar than a restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank HoosierDaddy46131
Dover, Delaware
“Better than average pub grub and good beer too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch on a Monday afternoon recently. We each had a sandwich and a "flight" of the draft beer offerings de jure. The flight consisted of 4 oz samples of 8 beers. My wife's burger was cooked to her liking, and I tried the veggie patty to which I added bacon. Both were excellent and prepared with obvious care. The beer selections ran the range from light, summery lagers to a strong-bodied porter and pretty much everything in between. We noted that all the beers were strong on the hops, and we found the IPA undrinkable with overlystrong soapy/citrusy aftertaste. The flight was accompanied by a guidesheet that explained the nature of each selection. This was very much appreciated. Service was reasonably attentive and friendly. The pub has a pleasant, unfussy atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Healthy eats and good beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

This restaurant has a terrific selection of vegan and vegetarian options, which we always appreciate. And the local draft beers are not bad! We were seated right away at 8pm on a Friday night and the servers were friendly and efficient. Parking is challenging and their lot only has 5 spots so you will likely have to find a place on the street. This place is in a really fun area that reportedly is frequented by lots of college kids. We liked it a lot!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank pmcolorado
yorkshire
“home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

it's a smasher! good beer and delicious pub food and i believe the landlord is a yorkshireman...what's not to like!

Visited November 2013