“I hope the beer is better than the food”

Broad Ripple Brew Pub
Ranked #188 of 2,454 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We expected to be "wowed" after reading the BRBP's menu online. I couldn't wait to try the Braunschweiger BLT. It sounded amazing! I've never seen braunschweiger offered anywhere other than my own kitchen.
We arrived around noon. There was a sign upon entering that read "Wait Here To Be Seated." So we did... for quite a while. We then wandered into two separate dining areas and never saw any staff so we just seated ourselves. The server came over in just a minute and was very friendly, explained specials, and took our drink order. We placed our order when he came back. We ordered an appetizer to share and our two sandwiches. Since our appetizer was the veggie chips, we both changed our free chip sides to an upgraded side that was an additonal fee.
We waited quite a while and then our sandwiches showed up. No sign of any appetizer. My sandwich was extremely dry, the bacon was pre-cooked and tough, and the gravy on my mashed potatoes was obviously canned.
We did not get charged for the appetizer so no big deal there. We did consider it a big deal that two sandwiches each with one side, a diet coke, and an iced tea came to $28+! We're not cheap (read my other reviews - it's nothing for two of us to drop $100+ for a quality meal) but we thought this was quite pricey!
There were several awards on display for their different brews so maybe this is a better bar than a restaurant.

1  Thank HoosierDaddy46131

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch on a Monday afternoon recently. We each had a sandwich and a "flight" of the draft beer offerings de jure. The flight consisted of 4 oz samples of 8 beers. My wife's burger was cooked to her liking, and I tried the veggie patty to which I added bacon. Both were excellent and prepared with obvious care. The beer selections ran the range from light, summery lagers to a strong-bodied porter and pretty much everything in between. We noted that all the beers were strong on the hops, and we found the IPA undrinkable with overlystrong soapy/citrusy aftertaste. The flight was accompanied by a guidesheet that explained the nature of each selection. This was very much appreciated. Service was reasonably attentive and friendly. The pub has a pleasant, unfussy atmosphere.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This restaurant has a terrific selection of vegan and vegetarian options, which we always appreciate. And the local draft beers are not bad! We were seated right away at 8pm on a Friday night and the servers were friendly and efficient. Parking is challenging and their lot only has 5 spots so you will likely have to find a place on the street. This place is in a really fun area that reportedly is frequented by lots of college kids. We liked it a lot!

1  Thank pmcolorado
Reviewed December 29, 2013

it's a smasher! good beer and delicious pub food and i believe the landlord is a yorkshireman...what's not to like!

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

This English style pub is a great spot if you are thirsty and hungry. The ambience is superb in one of the coolest sections of the city.