“Best Italian in Indy!”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Castleton
Cross street: 82nd and Dean Road
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I started with the fried ravioli, and it was on par to some of best in St. Louis. For the mains we both got veal tortellacci. It was a good balance of creamy sauce and tender veal. They have a wide variety of spirits. For drinks, we ordered caipirinhas and Diplomatico rum. We ordered tiramisu for dessert, and it honestly was the best tiramisu I have ever had. They didn't overdo the expresso. Everything was delicious, and we will definitely return.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

Two couples (60s) had dinner here. I ordered soup, Caesar salad, and meatballs for my entrée. They were so spicy that I could not eat them. My hub could not eat his. One other in the party had an entree' that was too spicy to eat. These plates were removed - mostly uneaten. When asked how it was, we said it was so spicy we could not eat it. The manager said there is a meatball option that is not spicy, but it was not offered as a replacement. Despite liking the ambiance and location, we will not return again. Not valued as customers. We dine out a lot, and there are so many other options. Sorry we were not told there were kinds of meatballs (not on menu). We left unfulfilled and hungry so went through Steak and Shake drive-through to get a milkshake on the way home.

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Lovely restaurant with a great menu. I think every thing we ordered was a special of the night. Loved the spicy meatball appetizer. I ordered the veal ravioli and one of our party order the lobster pasta and they both were delicious, but the lobster pasta was the better of the two. Service was great and the restaurant was nicely decorated. Nice vino selection and the prices of everything were pretty reasonable...serving sizes were nice and service even though they were busy was quite speedy...

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

I'm new to the area and have been looking for really good Italian, after reading the reviews, I figured this place should hit the mark. Arrived for reservation, we were seated immediately at a teeny tiny table near a window but directly behind a row of barstools. We spent our entire meal getting hit by jackets, purses and aforementioned barstools. The waiter was cool, he had the specials down pat (and there were a lot of them), suggested a solid white wine for me, and had a nice personality. The bruschetta was delicious, even though he waited until we finished our appetizers before taking our dinner order, which left us just kinda sitting there. I ordered chicken parm, it was just okay and I asked for a box after just a few bites. It was a Saturday evening, it was loud and very crowded, the manager stood behind our table chatting and laughing it up (quite loudly) with his old Italian buddy. For a hundred and something dollar dinner, the experience wasn't worth it, I probably won't be back, but I would love their bruschetta recipe.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 5, 2017

For my birthday we were shopping around Keystone at the Crossing and decided to go to Sangiovese. I had long heard good things about the place, but never seemed to get there. We were a bit under-dressed for such a nice restaurant, but no one on the staff made us feel unwelcome.
We decided to splurge on a bottle of wine

Date of visit: September 2017