“Fabulous Food and Service”

Sangiovese Ristorante
Ranked #331 of 2,346 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian, Delicatessen
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Castleton
Cross street: 82nd and Dean Road
Indianapolis, IN
“Fabulous Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I love Sangiovese. We have dined there numerous times in the past several years, and my twin sister and I have had two birthday dinner parties in a row at this restaurant, because the food is great and the staff take excellent care of us. It has a cozy feel and a great outdoor patio in the back. If you want Italian food in a restaurant that is not in a big, bland chain (which most of restaurants in this location seem to be), I recommend Sangiovese.

Visited October 2012

Indianapolis
“Atmosphere, live music, good food, extensive menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This locally owned restaurant is across the street from where I live and I have been there many times over 10 years. I also travel all over the world. It is my all-around preference for Italian in Indy considering the above mentioned critieria. I am not fond of going out to places with no atmosphere, crying kids, baseball hatted clients, paper napkins, etc.
Nearly every night there is some sort of live music in the bar...most good except would avoid kareoke or open mike night....Dining room option or outdoor overlooking the river in good weather also available. The menu offers the traditional Italian pastas, a risotto of the day, osso buca, a fish or two and several specials every day as well as some salads that serve as main dishes. Only once have I had a bad meal and usually find the service attentive and the drinks good.

• Visited August 2012
indpls
“food and service good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We ate early (5pm) bc we had a senior citizen in the group. No other patrons came in until after 6 pm. I kid you not we watched them clean the same window 5 different times. Maybe they have to look busy for the boss but to see them do this so many times was a little crazy. Waiter was wonderful but again, we were the only patrons. Everyone enjoyed thier food but the childs portion was not enough for my 10 yo.

• Visited August 2012
“Great food, slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great place to go if you're not in a hurry. Food was good enough to offset the slow service. Very polite staff.

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfortable atmosphere, good service, reasonable prices and good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have visited this restaurant many times and are always satisfied. Our latest visit left a little to be desired. The wait staff was under staffed this evening and the bartender was filling in as best he could. My Tuscan fish stew was served without a small fork for the mussels and clams and no container for the shells. Additionally, no spoon for the broth.
The magician was entertaining. The food still good. We will return.

• Visited February 2012