“Best Outback Ever”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #495 of 2,491 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed September 14, 2017

We've eaten at a lot of Outbacks. They are one of our favorite chains and there isn't one in our hometown.

This was the best experience! Service: Excellent! Cleanliness: Perfect! Food: Delicious and Quick! We could not ask for more. The manager even honored an expired coupon. We didn't even ask. The server heard us talking about it and got permission to honor it.

We will eat here again when in Indianapolis!

1  Thank jaywalker17

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Consistent representation of the Outback brand. The service by Cory in the bar dining was excellent. When traveling and I am looking for a good meal with no guessing on how it will taste, I often choose Outback. While not the best meal ever, the price for what you get is appropriate.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

I used the online app to request a table for two at 4:15. We arrived a bit early and were seated immediately. We both ordered snow crab and Sirloin and had our choice of one side. Fries and mixed vegetables. When the meal arrived the snow crab was at a temperature of about 105degrees and the butter was so cloudy that it looked like artificial butter and had no flavor. The steak was as good as always. The service was exceptional.

Reviewed May 15, 2017

Ordered online and tried the curbside to go last night and it worked out well. Runner was pleasant. Restaurant was very busy but the food was still done pretty close to scheduled time. The packaging could be better. Styrofoam container doesn't keep juices in when bag is tilted in thru a window. Had steak juice in bottom of bag and on car seat. I was pretty surprised at what we got for the additional $8.99 ribs add on to the meal. Three ribs - $8.99 seems like a lot for just three ribs. However, the food was good.

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

I'm not one to write a negative restaurant review but everything about this visit added up to a poor experience.
I believe they may have been short staffed for the tables in the bar area. We grabbed a booth when one became available but then waited 10 mins to locate someone who could clean it off for us. We watched another customer do the same. We placed our order-including an appetizer-and, after approx 30 mins of waiting, our meal was finally delivered. No appetizer...and they seemed to have forgotten about it, so we told them not to worry about it at that point since we already had our food. Our food order included a side salad, bone in ribeye, macaroni and cheese, and the baby back ribs/chicken breast combo with fries. Everything, and I mean everything, was well over seasoned! The salad was so drenched in dressing, it was acidic (I'd suggest ordering dressing on the side). The fries and chicken were salty. The ribs were definitely not falling off the bone as was expected and my husband swears they were not baby back ribs as the menu stated but were St. Louis style spare ribs. We couldn't eat the macaroni because it was way over seasoned. I can't imagine a child being able to eat this-it had an almost spicy taste to it, which could have been too much pepper, or maybe another spice? Either way, we each tried 2 bites and that was it. My husband's steak was cooked to his taste but he got a poor cut. It had gristle running right through it so much of it was wasted, but I guess that's luck of the draw.
My husband thinks if we came back on a different day, we would probably have a completely different (better) experience. With less seasoning, our food quality would have been good and if he'd happened to get a different cut of the steak, it would have been good, too. I'm just not sure that I want us to take the chance on that with a $65 bill at the end of it.

1  Thank Caroline M