“Very Average Food in a Fun Environment”

Acapulco Joe's Mexican Foods
Ranked #1,554 of 2,365 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: Spicier than a Habanero pepper is our passion for great Mexican food. Despite having a deep love for the cuisine, simply cooking and eating it wasn't enough for us, and after becoming master chefs, all we wanted to do was share our food. Acapulco Joe's was established out of a desire to share. Since opening more than 50 years ago, we striven to bring the best of Mexican cuisine to all those who have been willing to try it. That's why we're Indianapolis' first Mexican Restaurant, we wanted to expose the north to the cuisine of the South. Within Mexican cuisine, we specialize in cuisine from the Western Coast. We're different from the average Mexican Restaurant, with everything from the way we prepare our food to the spices we source for authenticity. We invite you to come take that first bite and forget where in the world you are for a meal, let us take you on a culinary journey through Mexico.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very Average Food in a Fun Environment”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

As a life long resident of Indianapolis and a Mexican food fan I can't believe I had never visited before. I had some time between downtown meetings and decided to give it a try. I read several reviews and have to say the Terrible ones are closer to my experience than the Excellent ones. The service was great but the food was average beyond belief! I'm glad I came for the history and experience but won't be back.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The food that we had here was very disappointing as it was all very bland. They were nice enough to substitute the meat in an entree for beans, but other than that, the service wasn't the best. The "salsa" on the table reminded me of chunky ketchup and you have to squirt it onto the chips out of a bottle on the table...not appetizing nor very easy to do.

Tres Rios, Costa Rica
“Haah Chihuaua!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Iused to go here all the time, but a trip to the ladies' room after enjoying a rather delicious meal was ruined when I heard a dog bark coming from the kitchen.

Lyles, Tennessee
“Worst Mexican food EVER!!!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

PROS: Convenient downtown location, the cheese quesadilla was good, our waitress Maleah was good

CONS: The rice tasted like the Old El Paso microwavable rice and it was absolutely horrible, the salsa is on the table in a freaking squeeze bottle which iis really gross when you think about how many hands have touched that bottle .... YUCK! Also the chips were not even chip they were bake taco shellls that were broken in half. The decor was severly dated and it looked generally dirty. I will never ever go back or refer my dog to eat here. I will not be surpised if I get food poisioning.

1 Thank Urbs2Huds
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Didn't know you could do it, but quite bad cheap Mexican food.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

went here with a Groupon, & still wish we hadn't. The food was terrible, bland, & took forever to get service. Even the drinks weren't good. How can you mess up cheap, easy Mexican food??

Visited October 2011