“A Wee Bit of the Authentic”
Review of Claddagh Irish Pub

Claddagh Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Claddagh Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 2,454 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Irish, Scottish, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I let the little missus loose to shop downtown on a recent visit to Indy and she let me loose on my choice of pubs . Claddagh Irish Pub was it! It was quiet inside, mid-afternoon, and plenty of empty seats at the generous bar. A couple of stools down sat a local guest services expert from the Conrad Hotel who kept me entertained as I sampled 16 year old Jameson's Irish Whiskey, followed by a Guinness on tap. Beauty. A little spendy compared to other pubs I'd visited, but the atmosphere justified it for me.

The atmosphere and environment of this Irish Pub is rustic and authentic; the service, excellent. Can't give them credit for the quality of fine Jameson's whiskey, but the knowledge of the bartender was terrific and he dispensed willingly and at no charge. I wanted to taste the Bushmill's Irish whisky (for comparative purposes only, mind you), but preferred not to stagger back to the rendezvous with the little missus, so I left the pub longing for another taste.

I did have time to take a gander at the menu while there, however, which featured all manner of authentic Irish grub. After a little begging (and the promise of a new purse at Carson's downtown), the little missus acquiesced and we found our way back to Claddagh Irish Pub for dinner. We were seated immediately and took only a minute or two to find something on the menu we liked.

I chose the Irish breakfast (bangers, rashers, black and white pudding – no, it's not pudding, and two eggs the way I like them – fried easy) and a Black and Tan to wash it all down with. The little missus ordered some kind of shrimp in sweet chili sauce that she thought was excellent.

The food prices were quite reasonable, I thought, and the flavors were authentic and tasty. My only suggestion to the management is to make sure the servers know the difference between rashers, bangers, and the "pudding". Ours didn't, and it would have added to the experience, just like the bit of Gaelic brogue in the speech of the bartender lent itself to "just one more Jameson's, please."

Reviewed February 15, 2012

The food may seem pricy but the portions are great for splitting. And any place you can get Guinness on tap is Great.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Visiited this pub two day after Super Bowl Sunday prior to attending a Pacer Game. Been there on a couple of occassions and quite frankly liked the place. Definitely caught them on a very bad night--limited menu as they were out of many food items, indifferent service and ok food. Most serious issue was that we were short changed by the waitress and my suspicion is that is was deliberate and not an accident.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Fish and chips are a must, followed by the corned beef and cabbage. Can be a bit greasy, but it is still delicious! The atmosphere is great.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

LOVE that fish and great Irish feel. They really set the atmosphere of a real Irish Pub. Takes you to the green Isle.