“Exceptional food AND music” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jazz Kitchen

Jazz Kitchen
Ranked #145 of 2,339 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 54th and N. College Avenue
Transit: Bus #17 - College Ave
Indiana
“Exceptional food AND music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

We had a great experience and fine food on "Swing Band Night," which is the third Tuesday of every month. Satchmo's Etouffe was spicy without being overpowering, and the Blueberry Bread Pudding made my wife VERY happy. Excellent service, too.

The Cool City Band was a real treat and the accoustics were exceptional. And the diners who really knew how to swing dance were lots of fun to watch.

Indiana
“Wonderful night on the town!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

We just left the Jazz Kitchen and I enjoyed the whole experience. I took my husband to celebrate his birthday...We arrived 45 min early before the performance started to have dinner. I ordered the not so cajun pasta and he ordered the pork chops...we both enjoyed our selections. Then the set started and I tapped my feet and swayed the whole time. The band Unity performed. They were awesome!!! They only stated to keep voices down before the set started. Otherwise it wasn't strictly enforced...had a wonderful time. Will go back for sure.

NY
“A Fabulous Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

The Jazz Kitchen is really for the complete saturation of the Jazz Musical experience. As a New Yorker who loves to travel and explore new places/events, this was quite different. I received a quick briefing from my husband who told me that we were not allowed to speak during the musical performance. Although I think whispering or having a private chat with your spouse at a dimly lit restaurant with good food, drinks and jazz music is not rude, I went along with the rules. It was like being held hostage, I couldn't even say listen to flute, or the drummer is really doing his thing right here. All in all it was a new experience and fabulous evening.

• Visited August 2011
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A place with great taste in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

Usually, at a place with live music, one must sacrifice quality food for good performance. NOT HERE. I have traveled to 38 countries on all 7 continents of the globe--So imagine my surprise when I came home to Indianapolis and had one of the best meals of my entire life--at the Jazz Kitchen! There were not many people there for the jazz performance, so I was expecting the food to just be mediocre, but from start to finish everything was exquisite. This place does not sacrifice one area of food, service, value, or atmosphere for another. It maintains a high standard in every way. I feel like this place is the best kept secret in Indy-- Should be packed out every single night. Please support quality restaurants with quality entertainment-- they don't come along often!
p.s. The 'walnut crusted salmon' is where it's AT!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank StacyLeighBeery
“A unique experience for Mother's Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

We attended the Mother's Day Brunch which featured a special menu, champagne, and a great jazz combo for $40 including tip. The food and desserts were fantastic. The service was a bit slow, but with the great music, that was easily overlooked. Overall it was a unique and pleasant experience. We
hope to visit again for an evening experience the next time we're in town.

• 3 of 5 bubbles